This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tiny-G in May 2013
From left to right: Dohee, Myungji, Mint, J.Min
|Labels||GNG Production, LOEN Entertainment|
Tiny-G (Korean: 타이니지) was a Korean group based in South Korea, formed in 2012 by GNG Production and unofficially disbanded in 2015. The group's last known line-up was the duo of J.Min and Dohee, but originally consisted of J.Min, Dohee, Mint and Myungji. Their name "Tiny-G" stands for "Tiny Giant" because "even though they're small, with an average height of 153cm, they are strong and fierce like giants".
Before debut, the group appeared on MBC's show Show Champion on April 24, 2012  and performed the track “Polaris”, a song which singer Jay Park and actress Lee Si-young had made for them as a gift through MBC's Music and Lyrics. The instrumentation was composed and produced by Cha Cha Malone and Jay Park. The song was titled "Polaris" and was released on May 5. After "Music & Lyrics" was broadcast, Tiny-G became the number 1 searched item on many Korean search engines.
Their debut single "Tiny-G" was released on August 23, 2012. They made their debut on M! Countdown with "Tiny-G". The group released their second single, "Minimanimo" on January 20, 2013. On June 13, 2013, the group performed an OST for the game Dragon Nest titled "Here We Go", and on October 1, 2013, they released their third single, "Miss You".
On March 12, 2014, Dohee and J-Min performed an OST for the drama Cunning Single Lady titled "Mirror Mirror". On June 26, GnG Production announced that Myungji was leaving to focus on her acting career. They released a statement saying "Myungji expressed that she wants to officially go into acting to expand on her passion that she's had since her child actress and CF days... Myungji's leave was decided on after discussing it fully with the agency and Tiny-G members, and we respect and cheer on her decision." Tiny-G came back as a trio on July 3 with the song "Ice Baby". On November 3, 2014, it was revealed that Tiny-G would be debuting their first sub-unit under the name of "Tiny-G M" featuring members J.Min and Mint. Promoting mainly in Thailand, the sub-unit released their first single, "The Only One", featuring Thai artist Natthew. The music video was released November 25 and featured appearances by Natthew and Tiny-G member Dohee.
On February 12, 2015, rumours began to circulate that the group had disbanded. GNG Production denied the rumours, instead announcing that the group was going on indefinite hiatus as members explored individual opportunities. On April 7, 2016, it was revealed that Mint was under a new label - JSL Entertainment - and was preparing for a solo debut, sparking disbandment rumours. As Tiny-G's official page on GNG's website has been removed, their official fancafe has not been updated in two years and Dohee is the sole member featured on the company's website, it can be presumed that they have disbanded.
On April 16, 2017, Dohee participated in an episode of "King of Masked Singer". Although she was eliminated from the competition, the judges praised her singing skills. On April 28, Mint's new drama THE iDOLM@STER.KR began airing, and she appeared in the attached girl group "Real Girls Project". On June 30, it was announced that former member Myungji would be taking part in the reality girl group survival show "Idol School" on Mnet.
Last Known Line-Up
- J.Min - Leader, Main vocalist
- Min Do-hee - Lead vocalist
- Kim Myung-ji (김명지) - Main rapper, lead dancer, vocalist
- Mint - Main dancer, lead rapper, vocalist
|As lead artist|
|"Tiny-G" (작은 거인)||2012||—||—||N/A||Non-album singles|
|"Miss You" (보고파)||2013||100||—||
|"Love X4" (Remix)
with Ian Thomas
|"Polaris"||2012||—||—||N/A||Music and Lyrics OST Part 3|
|"—" denotes songs did not chart or were not released in that region.|
- "Rookie group Tiny-G releases debut music video". allkpop. 2012-08-22.
- "Tiny G Gearing Up For Awesome Debut". 24-7kpop. 2012-08-09.
- "Lee Si Young and Jay Park promote for their new idol group Tiny-G". Korea. 2012-04-26. Archived from the original on 2012-08-27. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- "Tiny-G's debut song 'Polaris' will be released on May 5". Korea. 2012-05-05. Archived from the original on 2014-10-15.
- "Official Tiny-G Thread". allkpop. 2012-08-09. Archived from the original on 2013-01-16. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
- "Tiny-G releases debut MV". ohkpop. 2012-08-23.
- "Tiny-G's Myungji to leave the group to focus on acting + group to return as a trio in July". allkpop.com.
- "Tiny-G's J Min and Mint to return as a sub-unit?". allkpop.com.
- "Tiny-G's subunit Tiny-G M drop MV for Thai single 'The Only One' with appearances by Natthew and Dohee". allkpop.com.
- "Media Reports Tiny-G Has Disbanded, Agency Says the Group Is on Indefinite Hiatus - soompi". soompi.
- "Former Tiny-G member Mint to debut solo". allkpop.com.
- "Former Girl Group Member Turned Actress Wows on MBC's "King of Masked Singer"".
- "Real Girls Project Thread :: From drama to reality! - Groups".
- "Gaon Digital Chart" (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart. Retrieved 2018-05-13.
- "IAN THOMAS [BE] - LOVE X4" (in Dutch). Ultratop Belgium (Flanders). Retrieved 2018-05-13.
- Cumulative sales of "Minimanimo":
- Sales of "Miss You":
- Cumulative sales of "Ice Baby":