An instance of TinyMCE with the basic skin
|Stable release||4.2.8 / November 13, 2015|
It offers HTML formatting tools, like bold, italic, underline, ordered and unordered lists, different types of alignments, in-line placement of images and videos, etc. It is highly useful for those who want to allow their users to edit HTML documents online. The different options can be configured at the time of integration with a project, which improves the flexibility of a project.
TinyMCE ships with an assortment of plugins. Because TinyMCE is meant to be a client-side application, it does not include native file managers for various server technologies. Several file manager solutions exist, including several proprietary projects developed by Ephox, as well as a handful of open source file manager solutions.
- MoxieManager - file and image management
- TinyMCE Enterprise - Word copy/paste, spelling
- MCFileManager - discontinued 2013
- MCImageManager - discontinued 2013
Free and Open source
- Open Manager—An Ajax File Uploader & Image Gallery Plugin written in 2013 compatible with TinyMCE 3.x.
- After the Deadline—A spelling, style, and grammar checking software service with a TinyMCE plugin.
- TinyBrowser—File manager featuring simple multiple file upload support (uploader is Adobe Flash based).
- TinyCIMM—TinyMCE CodeIgniter Media Manager.
- IMCE—Image/file uploader and browser.
- PDW Media Browser—Windows-7-type media browser.
- PDW Toggle Toolbars—Show and hide toolbars with a click on a button.
- 42 different translations are available for TinyMCE 4.x.x.
- 46 different translations are available for TinyMCE 3.x.x.
Community peer-to-peer support for TinyMCE can be found on the forums at . Premium product support requires purchasing a support subscription with TinyMCE Enterprise.
Themes and skins
TinyMCE 2.x->3.x used to offer various ways to customize the look and feel of the editor. Version 3 of TinyMCE came packaged with two themes, simple and advanced, as well as 2 skins for each theme, default and o2k7.
TinyMCE also has an optional compressor pack to reduce the overall script download footprint, in the time it takes the script to initialize. The compressor pack is available for PHP, ASPX, JSP, and CFM. A third-party Ruby on Rails compressor pack is also available.
- "TinyMCE 4.2.8 Release Notes". TinyMCE. 2015-11-13. Retrieved 2015-11-16.
- "TinyMCE:Compatibility — TinyMCE Documentation". TinyMCE. 2012-03-30. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- "TinyMCE:API — TinyMCE Documentation Wiki". TinyMCE. 2010-01-14. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- "TinyMCE:Plugins — TinyMCE Documentation Wiki". TinyMCE. 2010-02-04. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- "Languages for TinyMCE 4". Ephox. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- "Languages for TinyMCE". Ephox. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- "TinyMCE GZip Compressor Ruby on Rails Plugin : powered by Doodlekit". Garbage Burrito. Retrieved 2010-02-23.
- Official website
- TinyMCE official forum
- TinyMCE official documentation web site
- TinyMCE Github Repository
- Comparison table - open source and commercial WYSIWYG web-based editors
- 2006, 2007 WYSIWYG web-based editor evaluation