This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Stable release||2.4.6 (May 23, 2018[±])|
|Operating system||Cross Platform|
|Available in||31 languages|
The TinyWebGallery (TWG) is a photo album / gallery released under a modified Open Source license GPL. It is a server based gallery script for images that uses Ajax, PHP, XML and the graphic library Gdlib / ImageMagick.
TinyWebGallery is written by Michael Dempfle and was first released on 24 February 2005. It is based on a small image script that was developed from Rainer Hungershausen and Mogh. In April 2006 the project moved to the current domain and was listed as 3rd most popular php script on hotscripts.com this time.
Currently the project is developed by Michael Dempfle and supported by ~40 translators and an active community.
The TinyWebGallery has also released a standalone version of Flash Uploader on 15 August 2006 as 'TWG Flash Uploader'. This uploader is also available as Joomla component since 1 August 2007 for Joomla 1.0.x till 3.2.x.
The latest version:
- TFU - 3.2 (22 June 2013)
- JFU - 3.2.2 (4 January 2015)
- WFU - 3.1 (18 August 2013)
TFU is now integrated in the TinyWebGallery itself starting from 1.8.6 and later.
The latest current release version is 2.4.6 (May 23, 2018[±].)
The user interface offers different Ajax and Html modes and can be customized by skins or an integrated color manager. The image gallery can be configured by an administration area and it is possible to customize each individual album by text files. Files can be uploaded with the integrated freeware TWG Flash Uploader.
TinyWebGallery includes the follow features
- Ajax + Flash navigation with sliding thumbnails
- XML based - no database needed
- Password protected administration area
- User and rights management
- Keyboard navigation (arrow keys)
- Rate, comments, counter functionality
- 4 different slideshow types
- Protected galleries
- Supported image formats JPG, GIF, PNG
- Text and image watermarks
- Video/Audio support like avi, mov, mp3, mpg, swf, Videos from YouTube and Myvideo
- Upload by TWG Flash Uploader or FTP
- Fullscreen mode
- Remote picture support
- Display of IPTC and Exif data of the images
The license is a modified GPL. Two paragraphs are added to manage the copyright notice:
TWG may be used and modified free of charge for personal and commercial use as long as the copyright notice at the bottom of the gallery stays intact. If you want to remove the copyright notice you can get a license at the web site http://www.tinywebgallery.com