Abylight (Wii U port)
|Platform(s)||Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows, OS X, Wii U|
|Release||July 11, 2013|
|Genre(s)||Point and click adventure game|
Tiny Thief was a point and click adventure game that was part of the publisher Rovio Entertainment's Rovio Stars program. It was set in a vaguely medieval period, although robots and lasers could be found.
The story of Tiny Thief followed a childlike Robin Hood, that stole from enemies such as the sheriff, pirates and bakers. The solving of puzzles normally required stealth, meaning that if a guard saw the Thief, the level would restart at a certain point.
Rovio discontinued development of Tiny Thief and removed it from app stores in February 2016.
In Tiny Thief, the goal was to steal a certain object placed in an area of the level. Each episode had five levels. Players controlled a thief by tapping on an accessible area. Players could guide the thief into a ladder, door or anything like it to access more areas. Players could also let the thief pick up objects to help with the mission. Some levels required stealth, so if a guard saw the thief, the level would restart. The game used the three-star rating format. The first star was earned by picking up hidden items, the second one was earned by stealing the primary item, and the third one was awarded when the thief's pet ferret is found.
|1||A Rumbling Stomach||5||July 11, 2013||The Market Man|
|2||A Corrupt Sheriff||5||July 11, 2013||Corrupt Sheriff|
|3||The Cursed Treasure||5||July 11, 2013||Pirate Captain|
|4||A Royal Rescue||5||July 11, 2013||None (save the King)|
|5||Rattling Bones||5||July 11, 2013||The Dark Knight (save the Princess)|
|6||Bewitched||5||March 21, 2014 (Android)
April 3, 2014 (iOS)
|Evil Witch / Dragon (save the King)|
Tiny Thief received favorable reviews on the aggregate review website Metacritic the game attained an overall score of 86 out of 100 based on 21 reviews. It has been presented with the "Editor’s Choice" on the iOS App Store and won the People's Choice Award at the 10th annual International Mobile Gaming Awards.
- "Tiny Thief". Tiny Thief. Archived from the original on 2012-03-02. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- "Why Isn't Tiny Thief Available In App Stores Anymore?". Rovio Entertainment. Archived from the original on September 20, 2016. Retrieved February 7, 2018.
- "Tiny Thief - Bewitched levels coming soon!". RovioMobile. Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- "Tiny Thief for iPhone/iPad Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2013-09-20.
- Clarke, David (2013-07-18). "'Tiny Thief' Review: The Point-And-Click Adventure That Stole My Heart". TouchArcade. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
- "Tiny Thief: Less is Clearly More – The UrbanWire". Theurbanwire.com. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- "The Winners". Imgawards. Archived from the original on 2014-04-29. Retrieved 2014-04-17.