Type of site
|Online chat, voice chat, video chat|
|Alexa rank||30,413 (December 2018[update])|
Tinychat is an online chat website that allows users to communicate via instant messaging, voice chat, and video chat. It offers thousands of chat rooms and the ability for users to create their own virtual chat room on any topic or category. Tinychat is a web-based system that works on any system with either Adobe Flash or standalone apps for Android or iOS. The chat rooms can contain a rolling maximum of 12 video feeds and dozens of audio feeds at the same time. A person can choose to converse in multiple rooms at once. Tinychat, including all of its services, is owned by Tinychat Co., a privately held company based in New York City. Tinychat claims 5 million minutes of usage per day, making it one of the largest voice and video chat communities on the internet today.
On November 16, 2009, Tinychat launched Tinychat.tv, which offers users the ability to live stream any video or show hosted on Tinychat. The service uses Tinychat's API and provides the ability to launch a personalized page and channel for initiating multi-user shows. Tinychat has also announced that it will not charge for the cost of bandwidth. Based upon restrictions, Tinychat.tv has been closed.
In 2014 Tinychat was acquired by Paltalk. Paltalk states Tinychat will remain a standalone application.
In late 2017 Tinychat rolled out WebRTC version of its chat rooms to replace its older RTMP flash-based chat rooms.
- "Tinychat.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2018-12-09.
- "Tinychat Creates Disposable Multimedia Chat Rooms", Lifehacker, May 29, 2009, retrieved 2011-09-13
- "Tinychat encroaches ustream and stickam", Softpedia, November 17, 2009, retrieved 2011-09-13
- "TinyChat Launches Grouped Version Of Chatroulette", TechCrunch, February 16, 2010, retrieved 2010-04-05
- Paltalk Buys Tinychat As Video Messaging Apps Consolidate
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|