Lapangan Terbang Tioman
The runway is only accessible from the north, due to the nearby hills at the south end
|Owner||Government of Malaysia|
|Operator||Malaysia Airports Berhad|
|Location||Rompin, Pahang, Malaysia|
|Time zone||MST (UTC+08:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||13 ft / 4 m|
Tioman Airport (IATA: TOD, ICAO: WMBT), also known as Pulau Tioman Airport, is an airport serving Tioman Island, Pahang, Malaysia. It is located next to Tekek village (Kampung Tekek). The airport currently has no scheduled airline operations, with just one operator offering regular charter services. The relatively small size of aircraft able to take off and land at Tioman means that per seat costs are relatively high making it hard for airlines operating out of the island to remain profitable. The airport's runway is "one way" as planes can only land from and take off in one direction (north) due to nearby terrain. Tioman is a popular destination for private pilots based in Singapore and Malaysia.
Airlines and destinations
|Berjaya Air||Charter: Kuala Lumpur-Subang|
Traffic and statistics
|1||Selangor, Subang (SZB)||5|
- AIP Malaysia: WMBT - Pulau Tioman at Department of Civil Aviation Malaysia
- "MAHB Annual Report 2012" (PDF). MAHB. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 April 2013. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- "MAHB Annual Report 2013" (PDF). MAHB. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "MAHB Annual Report 2014" (PDF). MAHB. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tioman Airport.|
- Short Take-Off and Landing Airports (STOL) at Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad
- Accident history for TOD at Aviation Safety Network
- Japamala Resorts providing flights from Subang, replacing disrupted Berjaya Air
- SAS Charters to Tioman
|This article about a Malaysian airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Malaysian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|