Lapangan Terbang Tioman
The runway is only accessible from the north, due to the nearby hills at the south end
|Owner||Government of Malaysia|
|Operator||Malaysia Airports Berhad|
|Serves||Tioman, Pahang, Malaysia|
|Location||Tioman Island, Pahang, West Malaysia|
|Time zone||MST (UTC+08:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||13 ft / 4 m|
Tioman Airport (IATA: TOD, ICAO: WMBT), also known as Pulau Tioman Airport, is an airport serving Tioman Island, Pahang, Malaysia. It is located next to Tekek village (Kampung Tekek). The airport looks to be almost closed[vague]as there is no commercial airline and as the strip is too short to accommodate larger airliners. There has been indeed no traffic reported in year 2015. The airport's runway is "one way" in that you can only land from one side, and take off in the opposite direction due to nearby terrain.
Traffic and statistics
|1||Selangor, Subang (SZB)||5|
- AIP Malaysia: WMBT - Pulau Tioman at Department of Civil Aviation Malaysia
- "MAHB Annual Report 2012" (PDF). MAHB. Retrieved 6 September 2013.
- "MAHB Annual Report 2013" (PDF). MAHB. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "MAHB Annual Report 2014" (PDF). MAHB. Retrieved 22 March 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tioman Airport.|
- Short Take-Off and Landing Airports (STOL) at Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad
- Accident history for TOD at Aviation Safety Network
- Japamala Resorts providing flights from Subang, replacing disrupted Berjaya Air
|This article about a Malaysian airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Malaysian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|