|Location||2415 Sagamore Pkwy South, Lafayette, Indiana 47905|
|Address||2415 S. Sagamore Parkway|
|Developer||Melvin Simon & Associates|
|Owner||Simon Property Group|
|No. of stores and services||100+|
|No. of anchor tenants||6|
|Total retail floor area||864,000 square feet|
|No. of floors||1|
Tippecanoe Mall is an enclosed shopping mall in Lafayette, Indiana. Opened in 1974, it is anchored by J. C. Penney, Macy's, Sears, Kohl's, Dick's Sporting Goods, and hhgregg. It is owned by Simon Property Group.
Melvin Simon & Associates opened Tippecanoe Mall in 1974. It was originally slated for a 1973 opening with Montgomery Ward and Detroit-based Federal's as its anchors, although the other anchor instead became J. C. Penney. William H. Block Co. was added as a third anchor.
Montgomery Ward closed its store at the mall in April 1983. The same year, high winds damaged the Block store, so Block temporarily moved its merchandise to the former Montgomery Ward while its store was repaired. By 1985, Kohl's had replaced the Montgomery Ward. An expansion announced in 1994 added a new wing anchored by Sears and L. S. Ayres, the latter of which relocated from Market Square Mall. Block's became Lazarus in 1987.
The first Hat World opened at Tippecanoe Mall in 1995. Lazarus closed its store and two others in 2002. In 2004, the Lazarus building was razed for Dick's Sporting Goods and hhgregg. H&M opened in 2012, replacing a former MC Sports.
- "Simon Property Group". Simon.com. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- Chain Store Age: Executives edition. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- "Indiana". The Madison Courier. 21 November 1983. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- "Dollar City moving in". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. 2004-06-12. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- "Lafayette mall plans to expand". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. 1994-11-02. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- Ketzenberger, John (27 December 2004). "2004 Top Stories & Newsmakers: Outside companies snag high-profile loals". Indianapolis Business Journal. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- January 05, 2002 (2002-01-05). "Company News; Store Chain Will Close Three of Its Lazarus Stores - New York Times". The New York Times. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- "Appliance store officially opens its new location". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. 2004-08-12. Retrieved 2013-09-12.
- EndPlay (2012-04-19). "H&M coming to Tippecanoe Mall | WLFI - Lafayette, Indiana". WLFI. Retrieved 2013-09-12.