Tippecanoe Township, Carroll County, Indiana
Location of Tippecanoe Township in Carroll County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||28.01 sq mi (72.5 km2)|
|• Land||27.21 sq mi (70.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.8 sq mi (2 km2)|
|Elevation||650 ft (198 m)|
|• Density||86/sq mi (33/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453894|
Tippecanoe Township was organized in 1830.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 28.01 square miles (72.5 km2), of which 27.21 square miles (70.5 km2) (or 97.14%) is land and 0.8 square miles (2.1 km2) (or 2.86%) is water.
- Jefferson (north)
- Adams (northeast)
- Deer Creek (east)
- Washington Township, Tippecanoe County (south)
- Prairie Township, White County (west)
The township contains two cemeteries: Benham and Pleasant Run.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Odell, John Curtis (1916). History of Carroll County, Indiana: Its People, Industries and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 86.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.