Tippecanoe Township, Tippecanoe County, Indiana
The view from Prophet's Rock near Battle Ground
Location in Tippecanoe County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||48.81 sq mi (126.4 km2)|
|• Land||48 sq mi (120 km2)|
|• Water||0.81 sq mi (2.1 km2) 1.66%|
|Elevation||659 ft (201 m)|
|• Density||160.5/sq mi (62.0/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47906, 47920|
|GNIS feature ID||453898|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 48.81 square miles (126.4 km2), of which 48 square miles (120 km2) (or 98.34%) is land and 0.81 square miles (2.1 km2) (or 1.66%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Prairie Township, White County (north)
- Deer Creek Township, Carroll County (east)
- Washington Township (east)
- Fairfield Township (south)
- Wabash Township (southwest)
The township contains these six cemeteries: Battle Ground, Cairo, Harvey, Pierce, Pretty Prairie and Swisher-Hurtz.
Airports and landing strips
- Oahnke Airport
- Tippecanoe School Corporation
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 26
- State House District 41
- State Senate District 07
- After the 2011 redistricting by the Indiana Legislature, Tippecanoe Township will no longer include State House Districts 26 & 41 but instead will be included in State House District 25. http://www.in.gov/legislative/house_republicans/rd/pdfs/House.pdf
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 9/14/15 through 9/18/15. National Park Service. 2015-09-25.