Padmavathi Ammavari Temple
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Tiruchanur also known as Alamelu Mangapuram is a census town in Chittoor district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. It is the mandal headquarters of Tirupati (rural) mandal. It is a part of Tirupati metropolitan area. The Town is famous for Sri Padmavathi Ammavari Temple.
Alamelu Manga which was framed of the words 'Alaru + Melu + Manga' in old Telugu language translates as Goddess Lakshmi, who is the main deity of the Alamelu manga Temple which is located here. It is originally called as AlaruMeluManga Puram as we see from Thousands of Inscriptions in and around Tirupathi,much later corrupted to Alamelu Mangapuram Hence, it got the name as Alamelu Mangapuram.
Alamelu mangapuram is located about 4 km from Tirupati central bus station and Tirupati Main.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "Chittoor District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 451, 510. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- Rural Housing Report for Financial year 2011-2012
- "తెలుగు నిఘంటువు Online Telugu Dictionary - AndhrabhArati nighaMTu SOdhana - ఆంధ్రభారతి నిఘంటు శోధన Telugu Dictionary Online Telugu Dictionary telugu nighantuvu Telugu Online Dictionaries telugunighantuvu తెలుగునిఘంటువు telugunighantuvulu తెలుగునిఘంటువులు శబ్దరత్నాకరము శ్రీసూర్యరాయాంధ్ర నిఘంటువు బ్రౌన్ నిఘంటువు ఆంధ్ర వాచస్పత్యము వావిళ్ల నిఘంటువు వావిళ్ళ నిఘంటువు తెలుగు వ్యుత్పత్తి కోశము తెలుగు వ్యుత్పత్తి కోశం శబ్దార్థ చంద్రిక ఆంధ్ర దీపిక శ్రీ సూర్యరాయ నిఘంటువు Telugu Nighantuvu Nigantuvu Bahujanapalli Sitaramacharyulu Sabdaratnakaram Sabdaratnakaramu Shabdaratnakaram Shabdaratnakaramu Sabda ratnakaramu Shabda ratnakaramu Charles Philip Brown Telugu-English Dictionary, English-Telugu Dictionary Adhunika vyavaharakosamu Shabdaratnakaramu, Urdu Telugu Dictionary". www.andhrabharati.com. Retrieved 2016-09-29.
- "Google book-Core of Karnatic Music, meaning of alamelu in Telugu".
- "Tiruchanur zooms into big league". The Hindu. 2016-06-05. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-06-06.
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tiruchanur.|