Tiruchengode (Lok Sabha constituency)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tiruchengode Lok Sabha constituency was composed of the following assembly segments:
- Kapilamalai (defunct)
- Tiruchengode (moved to Namakkal constituency after 2009)
- Sankagiri (SC) (moved to Namakkal constituency after 2009)
- Edappadi (moved to Salem constituency after 2009)
- Modakurichi (moved to Erode constituency after 2009)
- Erode (moved to Erode constituency after 2009)
Members of Parliament
|General Election, 2004: Tiruchengode|
|DMK gain from MDMK||Swing||+58.00|
Note: The incumbent party MDMK did not contest this seat in 2004. Instead it was contested by its United Progressive Alliance coalition partner DMK, who won the seat. Thus, the NDA, lost the seat, since MDMK left the NDA, and joined the UPA, who held the seat. DMK had not contested this seat in the previous 1999 elections.
- "List of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Tamil Nadu. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-10-09.