Tirupati Development Uganda Limited
TIRUPATI GROUP LIMITED
|Industry||Real Estate & Construction|
Tirupati Mazima mall|
kabalagala, Ggaba Road, Kampala, Uganda
Jitendra Pate & Rajesh Shahl
Managing Director & Chairman & CEO
|Products||Office Towers, Shopping Malls, Condominiums, Apartment Complexes|
|Total assets||US$100+ million (2014)|
Number of employees
Tirupati Group Limited is unique in its approach to real estate investment and development. It provides the development funding and also internally constructs its own buildings. In June 2014, TGL won the contract to upgrade and renovate Masaka Regional Referral Hospital for approximately US$4 million (USh:10.6 billion).
The company was established in 2006. During its first five years of existence, the company developed and constructed four projects: (a) Tirupati House located in the Kamwookya suburb of the country's capital, Kampala, (b) Ovino Market, a development in the Kisenyi Area, a former slum in the center of Kampala, (c) Bugoloobi Executive Apartments, an upscale development in the suburb of Bugoloobi and (d) Nkumba Village a mixed-use development consisting of university student hostel and a shopping mall, near the campus of Nkumba University, approximately 8 kilometres (5.0 mi), by road, northeast of the central business district of the town of Entebbe. In 2010, Tirupati was recognized for ‘Introduction of a Novel And Competitive Product In East African Region’, during the 16th Annual Investor of the Year Award Ceremony held by the Uganda Investment Authority. It was in regard to Tirupati's Ovino Market, in Kisenyi, Kampala.
Scope of work
|Name of development||Location||Country||Type||Capacity||Year completed or completion expected||Estimated value (US$)||Notes|
|Namanve Shopping Center||KIBP||Uganda||Shopping Mall||150 Offices||2017|
|Tirupati Bujumbura Shopping Center||Bujumbura||Burundi||Shopping Mall||Offices, Restaurants & Shops||2016|
|Tirupati Bukoto Shopping Mall||Bukoto||Uganda||Shopping Mall||Offices, Shops, Restaurants, Parking & Security||2018|
|Marina Portbell Apartments||Port Bell||Uganda||Residential Apartments||150 Offices||2018|
|Tirupati Heights||Kampala||Uganda||Upscale Apartments||Apartments||2018|
|Tirupati New Mazima||Kampala||Uganda||Shopping Mall||Retail space, Parking, Security||2019|
|Tirupati Towers||Kampala||Uganda||Office Complex||150 Offices||2020|
|Bugolobi Apartments||Bugoloobi||Uganda||Upscale Apartments||14 Luxury Apartments||2020||Condominiums|
|Mazima Shopping Mall I||Nsambya||Uganda||Shopping Mall||Retail shops, Supermarket, Offices & Parking||2012||15 million||Opposite American Embassy||Sits on 1.2 acres|
|Mazima Shopping Mall II||Kabalagala||Uganda||Shopping Mall||Hotel, Restaurant, Ban Hall||2015||2.1 million||Bank of Baroda on Ground Floor|
|Tirupati Half London||Kabalagala||Uganda||Office Complex||Offices||2012||2.1 million|
|Nkumba University Hostel||Nkumba, Entebbe||Uganda||University Student Hostel||144 Self-contained rooms||2011||3 million||Located on 22 acres with lake view|
|Ovino Market||Kisenyi, Kampala||Uganda||Urban Retail Market||350 retail shops, 50-room hotel, 7 restaurants, parking||2010||10 million|
|Miami Villas||Luzira, Kampala||Uganda||Luxury Homes||6 Villas, each with 3 ensuite bedrooms||2011||12.1 million|
|Tirupati House||Kamwookya, Kampala||Uganda||Office Tower||14 Executive Offices & Retail Units||2008||2 million||Houses HQ of TDUL|
In addition to developing and constructing real estate projects, TGL has several non-real-estate related subsidiaries, including the following:
- Bio-Waste Management Limited - A company that collects and disposes of bio-medical and pharmaceutical waste in an environmentally friendly and safe manner. Offices and disposal facilities located 30 kilometres (19 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala.
- Tirupati Agricultural Development Limited - An agribusiness that operates a demonstration farm on 400 acres (160 ha) and maintains a sugarcane plantation on the adjacent 2,500 acres (1,000 ha). Crops on the demonstration farm include pineapples, maize and onions. Located in Kayunga District.
- List of conglomerates in Uganda
- List of conglomerates in Africa
- Kampala Capital City Authority
- Miraj Barot
- List of wealthiest people in Uganda
- Kaggwa, Andrew (16 June 2014). "Masaka Hospital To Get 800-Bed Block". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Emorut, Francis (11 June 2014). "Government Earmarks USh10 Billion for Masaka Hospital". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Musinguzi, John (10 February 2010). "Tirupati: The Regional Leader In Novelty". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- TDUL, . "Projects: Tirupati Properties In Uganda". Tirupati Development Uganda Limited (TDUL). Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- TDUL, . "Biomedical Waste Management Uganda Limited". Tirupati Development Uganda Limited (TDUL).