Tirupati railway station
|Express train, Passenger train and Commuter rail station|
Tirupati Central railway station
|Location||Chennai-Anantpur Highway 205, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh|
|Elevation||150 m (492 ft)|
|Line(s)||Gudur–Katpadi branch line|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||South Coast Railway zone|
Tirupati railway station (station code:TPTY) railway station, located in the India state of Andhra Pradesh, serves Tirupati and the regular flow of large number of pilgrims visiting Tirumala Venkateswara Temple in Chittoor district. It is one best environment stations and has been awarded gold rating by the Indian Green Building Council. There are a number of other railway stations that come under the Tirupati urban limits, namely Yerpedu railway station, Renigunta Junction railway station, Tirupati West Halt railway station and Chandragiri railway station. Another station called Tiruchanoor railway station is currently being constructed between Renigunta Junction and Tirupati Central railway station.
A metre-gauge line of South Indian Railway Company, opened in 1891, started from Villupuram in South Arcot district and passed through Katpadi and Chittoor to Pakala. The Katpadi–Gudur line, covering Tirupati, has since been converted to broad gauge.
Structure and amenities
- "Station Code Index" (PDF). Portal of Indian Railways. 2015. p. 46. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "Tirupati station gets gold rating for green initiative". The Hindu. 10 April 2019. Retrieved 24 April 2019.
- W.Francis (1989). Gazetter of South India. 1. p. 14. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "Katpadi Jn – Pakala Jn". IRFCA, 1966. Retrieved 25 January 2013.
- "Category of Stations over Guntakal Division". South Central Railway zone. Portal of Indian Railways. Archived from the original on 15 March 2016. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "Indian Railways Passenger Reservation Enquiry". Availability in trains for Top 100 Booking Stations of Indian Railways. IRFCA. Archived from the original on 10 May 2014. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "Solar Panels at Railway Stations". Press Information Bureau. Delhi. 10 April 2018. Retrieved 18 May 2019.
- Desk, India com News (11 April 2018). "Solar Panels Installed at railway stations Across Country – Full List". India.com. Retrieved 18 May 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tirupati railway station.|
- Tirupati travel guide from Wikivoyage
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|South Central Railway zone|