Tiruvalla railway station
|Indian Railway Station|
Tiruvalla station fourth platform in construction.
|Location||Tiruvalla- Mallappally Road, Kuttappuzha , Thiruvalla, Kerala, Pathanamthitta District
|Elevation||81.0 metres (265.7 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Connections||Taxi Stand, Pre paid Auto service, Bus station|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Division(s)||Thiruvananthapuram Railway division|
|Passengers||Around 6,000 per day|
Tiruvalla railway station (station code : TRVL) is a railway station located at Thiruvalla town in Pathanamthitta district, Kerala, India. The station is under Thiruvananthapuram railway division of Southern Railway. This is the only railway station in Pathanamthitta district and has daily trains to cities like Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Madurai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Tirupati, Pune, Bhopal, Mumbai and New Delhi.
Tiruvalla railway station has three platforms and five tracks. The railway station is one of the busy railway stations of Kerala after Changanassery, with about 6,000 passengers boarding trains on a daily basis, and generated an annual income of ₹18.82 crore (US$2.8 million) in the year 2016–17. Both long and short distance trains stop at Tiruvalla, and at present the station is a way-side station, though terminal facilities could be developed. The Tiruvalla station lies in the Kayankulam Junction - Kottayam - Ernakulam route, and along with the nearby Chengannur railway station, is an important station en route.
The Indian Railways have included Tiruvalla railway station in its development plan for 2016–17. The platform work and doubling of the track are in progress. Battery operated buggies may be introduced at the Tiruvalla station soon, which shall also facilitate the ferrying of the elderly and physically challenged people in the railway station. At present, the platforms are not fully covered, and the full covering of all platforms including the fourth shall also be implemented. Installation of escalators is also considered, connecting the four platforms.
The Railways would also set up a covered vehicle parking area near the Railway Mail Service complex, besides an upper class waiting room and VIP lounge at the railway station.
Tiruvalla railway station is the only railway station in the district of Pathanamthitta.The main importance of this station is highlighted by the fact that the world-famous pilgrimage centre, Sabarimala is located in this district.The station, apart from facilitating the traffic of the residents of the commercial centre of Tiruvalla town and the workers from other states, is the main refuge for people living in the hilly tracts of Mallappally, Ranni, Kozhencherry, as well as the low-lying areas of Upper Kuttanad. It is also the alighting point for pilgrimage centres like Sabarimala, Parumala church, Sree Vallabha Temple, Chakkulathukavu temple, Edathua church, as well as the cave temple and the old Shiva Temple of Tiruvalla at Kaviyoor.
- Computerised Reservation Ticket Centre
- Computerised unreserved Ticket Centre
- Coach Position Display System
- Passenger Information Centre
- Tourist Information Centre
- Cloak Room
- IRCTC Restaurant
- Passenger Waiting Rooms
- Foot Over Bridge
- Prepaid Autorikshaw counter
- Prepaid Parking Space
Proposals for new routes
- A line from Tiruvalla to Thakazhi, a village in Alappuzha district (thus connecting the Kottayam and Alappuzha parallel rail lines) has been proposed.
- A line connecting Tiruvalla to Pamba (nearest point of Sabarimala) via Ranni  is waiting for approval.
- Ernakulam-Kottayam-Kayamkulam line
- Trivandrum Central
- Kollam Junction
- Karunagappalli railway station
- Kayamkulam Junction
- Mavelikara railway station
- Chengannur railway station
- Changanacherry railway station
- Kottayam railway station
- Ernakulam Junction
- Ernakulam Town
- Thiruvananthapuram Railway division
- Template:Ernakulam–Kottayam–Kayamkulam–Kollam line
- "Stop sought for major trains at Thiruvalla station". The Hindu. Pathanamthitta. 4 August 2015. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "Categorisation of Stations in Thiruvananthapuram division" (PDF). Southern Railway zone. Chennai: Indian Railways. Retrieved 14 March 2016.
- "Chengannur-Tiruvalla track doubling to be over in April". ManoramaOnline.com. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "MP fund for railway station development". The Hindu. 2016-01-02. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "Thiruvalla station to get major facelift". The Hindu. 2016-03-09. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "Stop all trains at Thiruvalla: forum". The Hindu. 2015-03-06. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "How to reach Sabarimala". www.sabarimala.net. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "Sabarimala-The pilgrimage is a symbol of love, equality, and devotion". www.sabarimala.org. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "Church Address". Parumala Church. 2012-10-10. Retrieved 12 March 2016.
- "Prepaid auto counter at Thiruvalla". The Hindu. 2015-10-21. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- "'Upgrade Thiruvalla railway station'". The Hindu. 2010-06-07. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tiruvalla railway station.|
- Arrivals at TRVL/Tiruvalla. IndiaRailInfo.com