Tirzah Firestone is a prominent Jewish Renewal rabbi, as well as an author of books on female figures in Jewish mysticism and the Kabbalah, a Jungian psychotherapist, and spiritual leader of Congregation Nevei Kodesh in Boulder, Colorado. She is the founding rabbi of the Jewish Renewal Community of Boulder. Tirzah is the younger sister of the feminist writer Shulamith Firestone.
Tirzah Firestone was raised in an Orthodox Jewish family in Missouri, and earned her Masters Degree in Holistic Counseling from Beacon College in 1982; in November, 1992, she was ordained as a rabbi by Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalomi, Rabbi Gershon Winkler, Rabbi Shoshana Leibowitz and Rabbi Akiva Mann. She was the first intermarried rabbi to be ordained by the Jewish Renewal movement. In her memoir she states that her husband inspired her return to Judaism, but that their marriage ultimately fell apart because of his faith.
- The Receiving: Reclaiming Jewish Women’s Wisdom (Harper San Francisco)
- With Roots in Heaven: One Woman's Passionate Journey into the Heart of Her Faith (Plume)
- "Ashreynu! (How Lucky We Are!) Jewish Chants for Meditation and Prayer" with Lisa Antosofsky, and Sheldon Sands.
- "With Roots in Heaven: One Woman's Passionate Journey into the Heart of Her Faith" (Plume)
- "The Woman's Kabbalah"
- "Rabbi Tirzah Firestone: Biography". Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Shulamith Firestone". Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "The Coming of the Intermarried Rabbi". New Voices. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Jewish Renewal: Creating new paths to God". Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Books and CDs by Rabbi Tirzah Firestone". Retrieved 29 October 2014.