From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|• Total||30.1 sq mi (77.9 km2)|
|• Land||30.1 sq mi (77.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,332 ft (406 m)|
|• Density||11.3/sq mi (4.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0469566|
The post office was established December 1, 1871, and discontinued April 15, 1920.
Tisdale is located north of combined US Route 160 and State Highway 15.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Tisdale, Kansas
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961, page 2". Kansas Historical Society. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- History of Cowley County Kansas; D.A. Millington / E.P. Greer; Winfield Courier; 162 pages; 1901. (Download 16MB PDF eBook)
- History of the State of Kansas; William G. Cutler; A.T. Andreas Publisher; 1883. (Online HTML eBook)
- Kansas : A Cyclopedia of State History, Embracing Events, Institutions, Industries, Counties, Cities, Towns, Prominent Persons, Etc; 3 Volumes; Frank W. Blackmar; Standard Publishing Co; 944 / 955 / 824 pages; 1912. (Volume1 - Download 54MB PDF eBook), (Volume2 - Download 53MB PDF eBook), (Volume3 - Download 33MB PDF eBook)
|This article about a location in Cowley County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|