||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Type of site
|Founded||Halifax, Canada (2011)|
|Headquarters||Waterloo, Ontario, Canada|
|Slogan(s)||The Easiest and Most Secure Way to Communicate Online|
|Alexa rank||1,010,176 (January 2013[update])|
TitanFile Inc. is a Canadian company headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario. TitanFile provides a secure, easy way for professionals to communicate and share files with their clients. The company is one of the secure cloud computing pioneers advocating for stronger privacy policies in Canada as well as United States.
In 2010, the company won the Nova Scotia Co-operative's Best Big Idea 2010 competition and Dyn and CloudCamp's Cloudy Awards 2011. In March 2011, co-founders Milan Vrekic and Tony Abou-Assaleh launched TitanFile publicly. That same month, The Chronicle Herald mentioned TitanFile's support for organizations and individuals to securely share documents.
In August 2011, TitanFile secured a $250,000 CAD seed financing round from Innovacorp. And in December 2011, TitanFile announced their first expansion plans into Kitchener, Ontario. The company was then recognized in Canada's Top 25 ICT Up & Coming List by Branham300 and were awarded runner-up in the Backbone (magazine) Alpha Exchange Innovation Campaign Pitch-Off in Toronto.
On October 11, 2012, the company revealed that they were relaunching the original TitanFile design to accommodate a more collaborative environment for their users. That same day they also announced a $1.1 million financing round from investors at Innovacorp, First Angel Network (FAN), and a handful of private investors.
October 13, 2013 TitanFile released a whole suite of enterprise features to cater to the needs of modern professional teams. In December 2013, the team was part of a program held in San Francisco called 48 Hours in the Valley. The company topped the year off with a partnership deal with Hitachi Solutions America, a leader in cloud security, to create a more secure system with enhanced user controls as well as mobile capabilities.
TitanFile was originally designed to be a robust and reliable one-way file transfer solution for users wishing to send and receive electronic documents that were too big or too confidential for email. The company pivoted in 2012 to accommodate secure client correspondence. Today, TitanFile is a web and mobile application that uniquely combines file management and sharing, instant messaging, and security. By organizing information around people and projects, and keeping all correspondence and files in one place, customers benefit from efficient communication. A tour of their product here.
- "TitanFile.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Best BIG Idea (2010)". nsco-opcouncil.ca. 2011. Retrieved October 3, 2011., NS Co-Op council
- "TitanFile gets digital security right". Financial Post. September 16, 2011. Retrieved September 19, 2011.
- Merlevede, Diane (9 February 2011). "Computer security a major issue for government, business". The Chronicle Herald. Retrieved October 3, 2011.
- House, Dawn (30 August 2011). "TitanFile Secures $250K in Financing". Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- Christenson, Stephen. "Halifax's TitanFile Opens Up Shop In Ontario; Silicon Valley To Follow". Retrieved December 6, 2011.
- "Top 25 Canadian Up & Coming ICT Companies". Branham300. April 27, 2012. Retrieved June 8, 2012.
- "TitanFile Inc. Runner-up in BackBone Magazine's Alpha Exchange Innovation Campaign Contest". MarketWire. May 31, 2012. Retrieved June 8, 2012.
- Bury, Erin. "TitanFile adds $1.1M, Pivot's from One-Way File-Sharing to Take on Dropbox". Retrieved October 11, 2011.
- Christenson, Stephen. "Canadian Startup TitanFile Raises $1.1 Million". Retrieved October 11, 2012.
- Dawes, Terry. "TitanFile Ups Its Game With Enterprise Release". Retrieved June 20, 2014.
- Dineen, Mark. "'What We Learned in the Valley' Part 1 – Building Successful Teams". Retrieved June 20, 2014.
- "Hitachi Solutions America and TitanFile Announce Strategic Partnership". Retrieved June 20, 2014.