|Traded as||Athex: TITK|
|Industry||Cement and Building materials|
|Europe, America, Middle East|
|Eystratios Arapoglou (Chairman)|
Dimitrios Papalexopoulos (MD)
ready mix concrete
|Revenue||€1.505 billion (2017)|
|€273.4 million (2017)|
|€42.7 million (2017)|
|Total assets||€2.595 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||€1.369 billion (2017)|
|Owner||Canellopoulos Family (31.92%)|
Edyvem limited (11%)
Number of employees
|6,501 (end 2015)|
TITAN was founded in 1902, and was listed on the Athens stock exchange ten years later, in 1912. Among the company’s assets are 13 cement production facilities, 3 located in Greece (Nea Efkarpia in Thessaloniki, Drepano in Achaea, Kamari in Boeotia) with total production capabilities of 6.5m MT, 2 in the USA (Virginia and Florida) with total production capabilities of 3.5m MT, 5 in Southeastern Europe (Bulgaria, Serbia, Albania, Kosovo and North Macedonia) with total production capabilities of 5.6m MT and 3 in Middle East (Egypt and Turkey) with 7.5m MT production capabilities. Additionally there are 25 distribution terminals, 126 ready-mix plants, 64 quarries, 3 grinding plants, 9 concrete block plants, 9 Fly ash processing plants, 1 dry mortar plant and 1 processed engineered fuel facility.
In 2017, TITAN Cement had a total turnover of €2.595 billion and a net profit of €230.9 million. TITAN participates in local and international CSR and Sustainability initiatives and is a member of CSR Europe, WBCSD and CSI. In August 2016, Titan acquired an equity stake in Companhia Industrial de Comento Apodi, a Brazilian cement manufacturer.
In 2019, Titan Cement announced its successful public offering, reaching 93% of common shares and 92.3% of preference shares.
Titan cement plant in Drepano as seen from nearby hills
Titan cement production facilities in Drepano
- preferred share
- http://www.titan.gr/userfiles/File/csr/SUSTAINABLE-DEVELOPMENT-PLANT_PATRA.pdf Sustainable development, Titan cement Patras plant (pdf in Greek)
- Company Presentation, October 2017
- TITAN Group key financials 2013-2017
- "Corporate members - CSR Europe". Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- "The Cement Sustainability Initiative (CSI) - Members". Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- Joomla!. "CSI 2012 Progress Report - Home". Retrieved 24 April 2017.
- Titan Cement invests in Brazil, World Cement, 4 August 2016.
- "Titan cements its corporate transformation". Ekathimerini.com. 2019-07-18. Retrieved 2019-10-10.