Titan Tire Corporation
S&P 600 Component
|Predecessor||Dyneer Corporation, Pirelli Armstrong Tire Corporation, Fidelity Tire, Goodyear Farm Tires, Continental AG, Denman Tire|
|Founder||Maurice M. Taylor Jr.|
|Headquarters||Quincy, Illinois, United States|
Number of locations
Des Moines, Iowa, USA |
Freeport, Illinois, USA
Bryan, Ohio, USA
Union City, Tennessee USA
Sao Paulo, Brazil
The Titan Tire Corporation is an American tire corporation that was formed in 1993 by Maurice M. Taylor Jr., the then owner of Titan Wheel, when Titan purchased the Dyneer Corporation, which manufactured various off-road tires. Titan is the third largest manufacturer of off-road tires in North America. They continued expanding their product offering and reach by purchasing the off-road tire assets of Pirelli Armstrong Tire Corporation in 1994. The Titan Tire Corporation was split off as a subsidiary of Titan International (NYSE: TWI) in 1997.
The assets of Fidelity Tire, based in Natchez, Mississippi, was purchased from Bankruptcy Court in 1998, and the company refocused with the sale of its golf-cart, all-terrain vehicle, and lawn tractor tires and facilities in Clinton, Tennessee, and Slinger, Wisconsin to the Carlisle Tire & Wheel Company in 2000.
In 2005, Titan purchased the farm tire business of Goodyear, and continues manufacturing Goodyear agricultural tires under license. This acquisition included the plant in Freeport, Illinois. Titan again expanded in 2006 with the purchase of Continental AG's off-the-road (OTR) tire assets in Bryan, Ohio. Titan acquired it for about $53 million.
In 2010, Titan purchased the assets of Leavittsburg, Ohio based Denman Tire in bankruptcy court for US$4.4 million. This purchase includes the consumer-related tires (on-road) as well, which Titan is considering to divest.
Titan announced that they have purchased the assets of Goodyear's Latin American off-road tire business for US$98.6 million. This includes the plant in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and a licensing agreement that allows Titan to continue manufacturing under the Goodyear brand, similar to its 2005 purchase of Goodyear's US farm tire assets.
Titan manufactures under the Titan and Goodyear brands.
- "About Titan - Titan International". titan-intl.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-17. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- "Titan Acquires CTNA's OTR Facility".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-27. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- "Denman Tire Corporation: Private Company Information - Businessweek". investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- "Titan International | America's Best Since 1898". Archived from the original on 2010-12-31. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- M. Nijënstein. "Agricita.com - Agritica.com". agritica.com. Archived from the original on 2012-11-18. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-31. Retrieved 2011-05-17.