This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The group formed in Norway in 1969. Its members were Kenny Aas, Kjell Asperud, John Lorck, Janne Løseth and Roy Robinson and, for a time, John Williamson. Guitarist Janne Loseth was the band's primary songwriter and lead singer Roy Robinson its main lyricist.
The band relocated to France and released Macumba in 1974 with Helge Groslie on keyboards. It reached number one in Spain. 'Sliding Down Again' was released in 1974 and 'Buckshee Woman' the following year.
The band dissolved in 1979. Janne Loseth started a solo career, releasing singles including "Take Me Down" (bw. "Nobody's Man"), and "I Wished I Was a Poet" (bw. "Dancing Girl"), which featured his operatic vocal, and then became the lead singer for the French electronic band Space, best known for its 1977 album and single Magic Fly
In 1991 Loseth and Roy Robinson reformed Titanic and recorded the album Lower the Atlantic. The album was re-released as Heart of Rock in 1993. This Titanic reunion was short lived.
In 2006, Janne Loseth reformed Titanic with three additional members: Mick Walker, Phil Wilton, and Didier Blum. Roy Robinson later joined and this quintet released the single "I'm the Law" in the same year. Their album Ashes and Diamonds was released on 20 February 2009 in Europe.
In late 2009 Roy Robinson sustained a stroke and left the band to recover. Janne Loseth assumed the lead vocals. Robinson and Walker were replaced by new members Chris Kleiner and Jean-Pierre Sjoberg. They played live concerts until 2013. During their latter days the band was located in Switzerland. In September 2014 it was announced that the band was discontinued. Original singer Roy Robinson died on 8 June 2015.
- Titanic, 1970, CBS Records
- Sea Wolf, 1972, CBS Records
- Eagle Rock, 1973, CBS Records
- Ballad of a Rock 'N Roll Loser, 1975, CBS Records
- Return of Drakkar, 1977, Egg Records
- Eye of the Hurricane, 1979, Egg Records
- Lower the Atlantic, 1993, Metal Enterprises (also released in France as 'Heart of Rock' on New Disc Records)
- Ashes and Diamonds, 2008, Repertoire Records
- "Sultana"/"Sing Fool Sing", 1970, CBS
- "Half Breed"/"Santa Fé",1970,CBS
- "Santa Fé", 1971, CBS
- "Rain 2000", 1972, CBS Holland
- "Richmond Express", 1973, CBS France
- "Macumba", 1973, CBS Spain
- "Slideing Down Again", 1974, CBS France
- "Buckshee Woman", 1975, CBS France
- "Dance Baby Dance (Frisco Queen)" / "Hollywood (Oh La La)", 1979, Ariola, 107014 - Netherlands