|Number of issues||3 (in English)
29 (in French)
|Country of origin||France
|No. of episodes||250|
|Running time||7 mins.|
|Original network||France 3
|Original release||2001 – present|
Titeuf is a Swiss comic series created by Zep in 1992, which was adapted into a 2001 animated TV series and a 2011 film of the same name. It also appears in the dedicated Franco-Belgian comics magazine Tchô!.
Titeuf was initially published in the fanzine Sauve qui peut ("Run for your lives") and noticed by Glénat executive Jean-Claude Camano. Zep joined Glénat in 1992 and Titeuf eventually became one of France's most popular comics. The first Titeuf book Dieu, le sexe et les bretelles (God, Sex And Suspenders) appeared in 1993 and sold only a few thousand copies, but the subsequent books gradually won over a colossal readership, and the series is now considered the greatest moneymaker in the French comics market. The series was adapted into an animated TV series in 2001, initially broadcast on Canal J. By 2008, Titeuf was the comic series with by far the largest publication in France, with over 1.8 million copies per year, three times the number of the second most popular series.
- Titeuf: the main character. He's an 8-year-old boy with a blonde cowlick. His best friend is Manu.
- Roger: Titeuf's father. He's 35 years old.
- Anne-Mathilde: Titeuf's mother. She's 33 years old. She wears a black turtleneck and a pair of tan pants.
- Zizie: Titeuf's 1-year-old little sister. She first appears in the seventh book.
- Aunt Monica: Titeuf's aunt. She's a blonde-haired woman, and she first appears in the second book.
- Julie: Titeuf's redheaded cousin. She first appears in the fourth book.
Translated as Tootuff, it appeared for a short while during 2005 in The Dandy comic in the UK. It is also a cartoon on GMTV's Toonattik and Action Stations slots, first transmitted on Jetix UK in August 2005.
- Dieu, le sexe et les bretelles (God, sex and Suspenders), 1993
- L'Amour, c'est pô propre... (Love isn't clean), 1993
- Ça épate les filles... (It impresses the girls), 1994
- C'est pô juste... (It's unfair), 1995
- Titeuf et le derrière des choses (The rear side of things), 1996
- Tchô, monde cruel (Bye, cruel world), 1997
- Le miracle de la vie (The miracle of life), 1998
- Lâchez-moi le slip ! (Get off my case!), 2000
- La loi du préau (The law of the playground), 2002
- Nadia se marie, (Nadia's wedding), 2004
- Mes meilleurs copains (My best friends), 2006
- Le sens de la vie (The meaning of life), 2008
- À la folie (Folly !), 2012
- Bienvenue en adolescence (Welcome to adolescence), 2015
- Titeuf albums Bedetheque (French)
- "Titeuf". imdb.
- "Titeuf". Planète Jeunesse.
- "Titeuf, le film". imdb.
- TV5Monde. "Émission du 22 mars" (in French).
- Lambiek Comiclopedia. "Zep".
- Castrillón, Marcos. "Beyond Borders - Not That Innocent". Ninth Art.
- CanalSat. "Titeuf" (in French).
- "Bilan 2008" (in French). ACBD. 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-19.
|This Franco-Belgian comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|