Born in Lagos, Nigeria, Titilope Sonuga moved to Edmonton, Canada, when she was 13 years old. Sonuga worked for five years as an engineer, using her spare time to pursue her poetic and acting ambitions.
Sonuga won the 2011 Canadian Authors Association Emerging Writer Award, and the 2012 Maya Angelou Poetry Contest. She established Rouge Poetry in Edmonton, a poetry slam series. In May 2015 she became the first poet to appear at a Nigerian presidential inauguration. She published a poetry collection in 2016. Sonuga has performed in the Lagos International Poetry Festival.
Aside from poetry, Sonuga has dabbled in acting, and portrays Eki in the second series of NdaniTV's hit series Gidi Up with OC Ukeje, Deyemi Okanlawon, Somkele Iyamah and Ikechukwu Onunakuhttps. She also works as Intel’s ambassador for the She Will Connect Program across Nigeria.
In 2015 she announced her engagement to photographer Seun Williams.
- "Titilope Sonuga: Beautiful, Confident and Poetic", Wordup 411, 9 December 2013.
- "Poet Titilope Sonuga talks Leaving a Career in Engineering to Follow Her Dreams | Watch Episode 2 of 'Culture Diaries'", BellaNaija.com, 4 March 2016. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- "Clear message, language impresses poetry judges", Edmonton Journal, 24 October 2012; via PressReader.
- "About: Titilope Sonuga". Poejazzi.com. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "Titi Sonuga". Lagospoetryfestival.com. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- Gidi cast on The Juice, Ndanitv, Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- "Titilope Sonuga is engaged!". Pulse. 1 July 2015. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Titilope Sonuga.|