Titlow Beach is in Tacoma, Washington, USA. It is located along Puget Sound near the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. It has a beach, community center, park, water play area (all of which are run by Metro Parks Tacoma), two restaurants., a view of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, a small boardwalk, and is a popular scuba diving area.
Local lawyer Aaron R. Titlow purchased the property in 1903 and built the Hotel Hesperides, a resort hotel that lasted until 1923. In 1926, the hotel was acquired by the park district. During the 1930s, it was remodeled during a WPA project. In 1963, octopus wrestling championships were held at the beach. The lodge served as the home of the assistant superintendent for parks and then the caretaker for the park until 1990. It was remodeled in 2011, and the pool was replaced in 2013 with a water play area.
- Steamers Seafood Cafe: Location Steamers Seafood Cafe. Retrieved on 6 October 2015.
- The Beach @ Titlow Bar And Grill - Steak And Seafood Restaurants, Beer And Spirits, Steakhouse Titlow Bar And Grill. Retrieved on 6 October 2015.
- (5 August 2010) Stacia Titlow Beach Lodge > Metro Parks Tacoma Metro Parks Tacoma. Retrieved on 6 October 2015.
- Stacia (5 August 2010) History of Titlow Finding My Way. Retrieved on 6 October 2015.
- Jill Russell (23 June 2011) A century of memories, history celebrated at Titlow Lodge Tacoma Weekly. Retrieved on 6 October 2015.
- opticalreflex (11 November 2013) A Swimming Hole and a Watering Hole at Titlow Beach Cities, Towns and Other Places by Optical Reflex. Retrieved on 6 October 2015.
- Playground/Sprayground Report: Titlow Park SoundsFunMom. Retrieved on 6 October 2015.
- Metro Parks Tacoma Park Webpage
- Titlow Beach Lodge History
- Pictures of the Titlow Beach Park
- Diving Info
- Titlow Beach Letterbox (also has information about Titlow Beach)
- Diving Info
- Park Info
|This Pierce County, Washington state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|