From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tixover shown within Rutland
|Area||1.32 sq mi (3.4 km2) |
|Population||174 2001 Census|
|– density||132/sq mi (51/km2)|
|OS grid reference|
|– London||79 miles (127 km) SSE|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
|UK Parliament||Rutland and Melton|
The parish church, St Luke's, near the River Welland, now stands about 3/4 mile from the village.
Tixover Quarry is a popular off-road driving centre, which is used by Land Rover Owner Magazine for vehicle tests and photo shoots.
- "A vision of Britain through time". University of Portsmouth. Retrieved 21 March 2009.
- "Rutland Civil Parish Populations" (PDF). Rutland County Council. 2001. Retrieved 21 March 2009.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 26 June 2016.
- Opening of Wilfred Pickles' School for Spastics British Pathe newsreel 1955
- Barchester Healthcare Ltd
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tixover.|
|This geographical article about a location in Rutland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|