|Born||Tjitske Jacoba Reidinga
20 February 1972
Leeuwarden, Friesland, The Netherlands
|Children||Foppe and Klaas (b. 2004)|
|Awards||Colombina for Best Supporting Actress
2002 Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf
Tjitske Jacoba Reidinga (born 20 February 1972 in Leeuwarden) is a Dutch actress and comedian. Reidinga began her career on stage and acted in numerous plays. She won a Colombina award for her role in Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf in 2002. She made her screen debut in 1996. Her first major film role was as "Jet" in Ja Zuster, Nee Zuster (2002). She is probably known best for her role as 'Claire' in the successful Dutch series Gooische vrouwen.
She was born in Leeuwarden, The Netherlands, but grew up in Africa. Her parents moved to Uganda shortly after they got together. Her father who had just graduated from Academie Minerva, an art school in Groningen, found a job at an advertising agency in Kampala. They moved back to the Netherlands to flee Idi Amin's reign of terror. Her mother was pregnant at the time, and a few months later she was born in the Frisian capital.
After she was born her parents wanted to go back to Africa, and the three went to Malawi where she lived until the age of 8. She remembered it as a beautiful country with a glittering lake (Lake Nyasa), where she could play freely. Her brother Hesling was born there and a few years later they returned to the Netherlands. She had a hard time trying to adjust herself to the cold and crowded country where she was born.
Becoming an actress
Ever since she was a little girl she knew she wanted to be an actress. Her parents had always fully supported their daughter's dream. Strengthened by her parents confidence, she never considered the possibility her dream wouldn't come true. If so she'd have quite a problem, having nothing in reserve. The only moment she had her doubts was at the academy. She noticed her teachers did not share her parents' trust. They had no idea what to make of her and as a result she had to do the year all over again. Though being very disappointed, she was strong an resilient and finally graduated in 1997. On her time at the Amsterdamse Toneelschool she commented: "Op de Toneelschool word je klaargestoomd om de keiharde praktijk aan te kunnen. Maar na m'n afstuderen heb ik de praktijk eigenlijk als een stuk makkelijker ervaren dan de opleiding." ("At the academy you are crammed for the real thing, but after I graduated I actually found my training a lot harder than acting as a job.")
After her graduation she made a flashy start on stage at RO Theater, one of the major theatrical companies in the Netherlands, in the play "De ziekte die jeugd heet" Since then she has appeared in almost twenty different plays. One of those was 2001 production of Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf by Hummelinck Stuurman. For the latter she received a Colombina award for "Best Female Supporting Role" as child-wife Honey in 2002.
|1997||De ziekte die jeugd heet (The illness called youth)||Peter de Baan||Ro Theater|
|1998||Sterrenstof (Stardust)||Kim Zeegers||Spuitheater|
|Trainspotting||Peter Pluymaekers||ZAP Productie|
|1999||Een stukje time out (A piece of time out)||Marije Gubbels||Fact|
|Het vissenkind (The fish kid)||Judith de Rijke||Het Paleis|
|Midzomernachtsdroom (A Midsummer Night's Dream)||Mark Rietman||Ro Theater|
|Ja zuster, nee zuster (Yes nurse! no nurse!)||Jet||Pieter Kramer||Ro Theater|
|2000||Hollandse revue (Dutch revue)||Rieks Swarte||Spuitheater|
|2001||Trojaanse Vrouwen (The Trojan Women)||Mirjam Koen||Onafhankelijk Toneel|
|Wie is er bang voor Virginia Woolf?
(Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf)
|Honey||Lodewijk de Boer||Hummelinck Stuurman|
|2002||Hedda Gabler||Hedda Gabler||Ivo van Hove||Trust|
|2003||Da Vinci en de drol (Da Vinci and the turd)||Jennifer Drabbe||Toneelschuur Haarlem|
|Treinen kunnen keren (Trains can turn)||Fréderique||Mette Bouhuijs||Hummelinck Stuurman|
|2005||Amadeus||Constanze Weber||Matthijs Rümke||Bos Theaterproducties|
|Uit liefde (Out of love)||Kees Hulst||Hummelinck Stuurman|
|2007||De geschiedenis van de familie Avenier
(The history of the Avenier family)
|Toos||Jaap Spijkers||Het Toneel Speelt|
|2009||De ingebeelde zieke
(The Imaginary Invalid)
Her first role was a walk-on in the 1996 production De Zeemeerman. Later she appeared in a few more feature films such as "Ja Zuster, Nee Zuster" (2000 Pieter Kramer), "Kees de Jongen" (2003 Andre van Duren), "De Passievrucht" (2003 Maarten Treurniet) and "Ellis in Glamourland" (2004 Pieter Kramer).
|2002||Ja zuster, nee zuster||Yes Nurse! No Nurse!||Jet|
|2003||Sale||Woman in mall|
|Kees de jongen||Juffrouw Dubois|
|De Passievrucht||Anke Neerinckx|
|2004||Ellis in glamourland||Alice in Glamourland||Roosje|
|2006||'n Beetje verliefd||Happy Family||Aafke|
|2011||Gooische Vrouwen||Claire van Kampen|
|2012||De Verbouwing||The Renovation||Tessa van Asselt|
She is seen weekly in Children's television series Klokhuis (NPS) as "prinsesje Petronella", as well as "dochter konijn" ("daughter rabbit" -being the daughter of mother rabbit (Loes Luca). She also seen in "FIT" (IDTV), "Spangen", "Ibbeltje" (BOS BROS), "De Band" (VARA) and "Keyzer en de Boer Advocaten" (NCRV/KRO). She is without a doubt best known for her starring role in the successful television series "Gooische Vrouwen" (Endemol).
|1998||Goede daden bij daglicht:Zwerfvuil||Sylvia|
|Baantjer||Puck Geldermans||De Cock en de XTC-moord (13 March 1998)|
|2002||De vloer op||Various|
|2004||De Band||Belinda||De Code (25 February 2004) Hormonen (17 March 2004)|
|2005||Keyzer & de Boer advocaten||Linda||Waar rook is, is vuur (10 October 2005)|
|Gooische vrouwen||Claire van Kampen||24 episodes (First 30 October 2005) (running)|
|2006||Klokhuis||Prinsesje Petronella, dochter konijn||Training vredesmissie (20 December 2006)
Portretschilderen (12 April 2007)
|2007||Allemaal film||Self||De magie van het witte doek|
Whilst in the academy in Amsterdam she got to know actor Vincent Croiset, whom she is now with for ten years. They have two children together, twins Foppe and Klaas. They are not married but have plans to do so in the future.
- Dijkstra, Fedde (20 September 2002). "'Al dat gepraat over acteren, wat een poespas'" (in Dutch). Leeuwarder Courant.
- van Wijk, Mieke. "'Over monogamie gaan we niet moeilijk doen'" (PDF). 10 (in Dutch). Esta. pp. 22–27. Retrieved 26 October 2007.
- "Tjitske Reidinga" (in Dutch). Lyon&Partners Group. Retrieved 26 October 2007.
- "Tjitske Reidinga speelt Claire" (in Dutch). Gooische Vrouw.web-log.nl. 30 October 2005. Retrieved 26 October 2007.
- "Dossier Toneelprijzen:Colombina" (in Dutch). Moose Group. Retrieved 27 October 2007.
- "Persmap 'N beetje verliefd" (PDF) (in Dutch). Waterlandfilm. Retrieved 27 October 2007.
- "De geschiedenis van de familie Avenier" (in Dutch). Amsterdams Uitburo. Retrieved 27 October 2007.
- "Ongelukkige, hedendaagse Hedda Hedda Gabler (Toneelgroep Amsterdam)" (in Dutch). 8weekly. 29 June 2006. Retrieved 28 October 2007.
- "Toneelschuurproductie: Da Vinci en de drol" (in Dutch). Confuzion. Retrieved 28 October 2007.
- "Treinen kunnen keren in Schouwburg Purmerend" (in Dutch). Nieuwsbank. 7 July 2004. Retrieved 28 October 2007.
- "Salieri als machteloze overwinnaar Amadeus (Bos Theaterproducties )" (in Dutch). 8weekly. 10 October 2005. Retrieved 28 October 2007.
- "Rolverding" (in Dutch). Het Toneel Speelt. Retrieved 28 October 2007.
- "AMADEUS" (in Dutch). Bos Theaterproducties. 2005. Retrieved 28 October 2007.
- "Treinen kunnen keren 03-04" (in Dutch). Hummelinck Stuurman Theaterbureau. 2003. Retrieved 28 October 2007.
- "Wie is er bang voor Virginia Woolf? 01-02" (in Dutch). Hummelinck Stuurman Theaterbureau. 2001. Retrieved 28 October 2007.
- "Theaterverslag Ckv: Treinen kunnen keren" (in Dutch). Scholieren. 22 February 2001. Retrieved 28 October 2007.
- "NIEUWE Technische lijst "Uit liefde"" (in Dutch). Hummelinck Stuurman Theaterbureau. Retrieved 28 October 2007.
- "tvbabe Tjitske Reidinga" (in Dutch). TVBABES. Retrieved 26 October 2007.
- "Tjitske Reidinga". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 26 October 2007.
- Tjitske Reidinga at the Internet Movie Database
- Tjitske Reidinga at AllMovie
- (Dutch) Details on the Colombina award she won in 2002 at Moose.nl
- (Dutch) Killendoornse Courant Interview (2002)
- (Dutch) Moov Interview (2005)
|Colombina for Best Supporting Actress
Carice van Houten