To Speak of Wolves
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|To Speak Of Wolves|
|Origin||Greensboro, North Carolina, United States|
|Labels||Cardigan, Solid State, Tragic Hero, El Shaddai|
|Associated acts||Sullivan, This Runs Through, Human Flight Committee, Upon A Burning Body, Arc & Stones|
|Past members||Rick Jacobs
To Speak Of Wolves is an American Christian metalcore band from Greensboro, North Carolina, United States, formed in 2007. The band has released two full-length studio albums, Myself < Letting Go and Find Your Worth, Come Home. The band was founded by Phil Chamberlain, the brother of Underoath frontman and now the frontman for Sleepwave, Spencer Chamberlain, Aaron Shelton and Chris Shelton formerly of the Human Flight Committee, Drew Fulk, and Matthew Goldfarb
To Speak of Wolves was founded in 2007 with ex-members of several touring bands, including Sullivan, This Runs Through and Human Flight Committee. They signed with Tragic Hero Records and released their first EP, Following Voices. Following this, the band went through a number of line-up changes, before settling on the current line-up and signing with Solid State Records.
In 2010, they released their first full-length album, Myself < Letting Go. In late 2010, the lead vocalist, Rick Jacobs, left the band, being replaced by the former Oh, Sleeper merch man, Gage Speas. The bass guitarist, Will McCutcheon, left the band and was replaced by Seth Webster.
The band's second album, Find Your Worth, Come Home, was released on May 22, 2012, on Solid State Records. This was the first To Speak of Wolves album with William "Gage" Speas as the lead vocalist.
In 2016, the band announced a comeback and a new EP entitled New Bones that was released September 16, 2016 on Cardigan Records.
- Current members
- Phil Chamberlain - drums (since 2007)
- Andrew Gaultier- rhythm guitar, backup vocals (since 2016)
- Aaron Kisling - lead guitar (since 2009)
- William "Gage" Speas - lead vocals (since 2011)
- Seth Webster - bass guitar (since 2012) (ex-Upon A Burning Body)
- Former members
- Rick Jacobs - lead vocals (2009–2011)
- Will McCutcheon - bass guitar, backing vocals (2009-2012)
- Aaron Shelton - lead vocals (2007-2009)
- Aaron Marsh - lead vocals (2007-2008)
- Chris Shelton - bass guitar
- Matthew "Goldie" Goldfarb - lead guitar
- Drew Fulk - guitar (2007-2009)
- Studio albums
- Following Voices (2009, Tragic Hero)
- New Bones (2016, Cardigan)
- Sharp, Tyler (August 26, 2016). "To Speak of Wolves Announce Comeback EP New Bones". Alternative Press. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- "To Speak of Wolves, 'You Should've Locked Your Doors Days Ago' — Song Premiere". Noisecreep.com. 2010-04-27. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- "To Speak Of Wolves | Interviews". Indie Vision Music. 2010-04-01. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- "Review: To Speak of Wolves – Myself < Letting Go". Underthegunreview.net. 2010-04-21. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- "TO SPEAK OF WOLVES Signs with Solid State Records « News «". Puregrainaudio.com. 2010-04-15. Retrieved 2015-10-18.
- "To Speak Of Wolves | Myself < Letting Go". Solid State Records. 2010-05-18. Retrieved 2015-10-18.