Tobacco Road Basketball League
|Founded||November 18, 2011|
|No. of teams||13|
|Continent||FIBA Americas (Americas)|
|Raleigh Revolt (2016)|
|Most titles||PrimeTime Players (3)|
In November 2014 the TRBL entered into an affiliation agreement with the Premier Basketball League (PBL). The agreement classifies the TRBL as a "AA"-level (similar to professional baseball) league below the so-called "AAA" PBL.
In 2011, the Wilmington Sea Dawgs and the Cary Invasion announced the formation of the Tobacco Road Basketball League and their membership therein, thus leaving the Continental Basketball League. The Fayetteville Crossover then announced their move to this league as well. On 2 December 2011, the Carolina Gladiators and PrimeTime Players  joined the league. In January 2012, the league announced the addition of three travel/exhibition teams: Team Macleem, Queen City Express, and Big Texas.
In October 2012, the league provisionally added the Blue Ridge Bison of Hendersonville, the Spartanburg Silver Lakers of South Carolina, the Greensboro Cobras, and a travel team, Team HoopForLyfe. They also said that the Express and Big Texas had found home venues and would play a full schedule.
In December 2012, the league announced venues for Greensboro and the Hub City Lakers (renamed from the Spartanburg Silver Lakers), added the Bull City Legacy as a provisional team, and noted that Johnston County would be a travel team. It also said that the league would move to divisional play for the 2013 season.
In October 2013, the league announced four additions, promoting the Bull City Legacy and South Carolina All-Stars to full members, after both having played 2013 as travel teams. The league added the Neuse River Basketball Club as a replacement for the Johnston County Nighthawks and added the Palmetto Flight.
Changes were put in place for the 2014-15 season, primarily with the new flex-schedule. Games are played between November 1 and April 30 against "TRBL-sanctioned" teams. League teams are free to schedule as many games as they choose. All teams who play at least 10 sanctioned games are eligible for the playoffs.
As a result of the change, five members (Carolina Gladiators, Fayetteville Crossover, PrimeTime Players, Queen City Express, and South Carolina All-Stars) left the league. Those teams would go on to form the East Coast Basketball League.
In August 2015 the Premier Basketball League and TRBL announced an expanded partnership which included six TRBL teams to compete as the PBL South East Division. Teams included are Cary Invasion, Charlotte Elite, Durham Legacy, Huntersville HoopForLyfe and Wilmington Sea Dawgs.
After the 2016 season Lumberton Showstoppers announced that they were joining the ECBL.
|Team||City||Arena||Founded||First season in TRBL|
|Bull City Legacy||Durham, North Carolina||Walltown Recreation Center||2013||2013|
|Cary Invasion||Cary, North Carolina||Herbert Young Community Center||2011||2012|
|Greensboro Cobras||Greensboro, North Carolina||Bennett College||2013||2013|
|High Point Heat||High Point, North Carolina||Ragsdale YMCA||2013||2013|
|Raleigh Revolt||Raleigh, North Carolina||Dream Center||2014||2014|
|Sanctioned Independent Teams||City||Arena||Founded||First season in TRBL|
|All American Ballers||Fayetteville, North Carolina||2014||2014|
- Atlantic Dragons (2014–15)
- Auburn Pro Elite Flyers (2015-16)
- Big Texas (2012–14)
- Blue Ridge Bison (2013)
- Burlington Knights
- Carolina Gladiators (2012–14)
- Chapel Hill Blue Force
- Charlotte Elite (2015-16)
- Fayetteville Crossover (2012–14)
- Georgia Kings (2014–15)
- Hoopforlyfe (2013-16)
- Johnston County Nighthawks (2013)
- Lumberton Showstoppers (2014–16)
- Neuse River Basketball Club (2014)
- Palmetto Flight (2014)
- PrimeTime Players (2012–14)
- Queen City Express (2012–14)
- Savannah Cavaliers (2015-16)
- South Carolina All-Stars (2013–14)
- Spartanburg Silver Lakers/Hill City Lakers (2013)
- Triangle Run and Gun (2014–15)
- Winston-Salem Team Certified (2014–15)
- Wilmington Sea Dawgs (2012-16)
|2012||PrimeTime Players||Cary Invasion||123-102|
|2013||PrimeTime Players||Cary Invasion||126-118|
|2014||PrimeTime Players||Cary Invasion||128-107|
|2014-15||Raleigh Revolt||Charlotte Elite||137-102|
|2015-16||Raleight Revolt||Charlotte Elite||112-109|
- Invasion, Sea Dawgs Join the TRBL, Our Sports Central, 2011-11-18, retrieved 2011-11-21
- "PBL Announces New Minor League Farm System". Premier Basketball League. 21 November 2014.
- Fayetteville Crossover Join TRBL, Our Sports Central, 2011-11-19, retrieved 2011-11-21
- Carolina Gladiators Move to TRBL, Our Sports Central, 2011-12-02, retrieved 2011-12-02
- PrimeTime Players Bring Game to TRBL, Our Sports Central, 2011-12-02, retrieved 2011-12-02
- TRBL Adds Teams, Releases Schedule, Our Sports Central, 2012-01-16, retrieved 2012-01-17
- TRBL Adds Nighthawks for 2013 Season, Our Sports Central, 2012-07-25, retrieved 2012-08-06
- New TRBL Teams Given Provisional Approval for 2013, Our Sports Central, 2012-10-22, retrieved 2012-10-22
- TRBL Approves New Teams, Releases Division Structure for 2013, Our Sports Central, 2012-12-05, retrieved 2012-12-05
- TRBL to Add Four New Teams in 2014, US Basket, 2013-10-01, retrieved 2013-10-11
- "Cary Invasion Beats Raleigh Stealth". Cary Citizen. 23 January 2015.