10 January 1993 |
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||181 lb (82 kg; 12 st 13 lb)|
|NHL Draft||114th overall, 2011
Tobias Rieder (born 10 January 1993) is a German professional ice hockey player. He is currently playing with the Arizona Coyotes of the National Hockey League (NHL). Rieder was originally selected by the Edmonton Oilers in the 4th round (114th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
On 29 March 2013, Rieder's rights were traded by the Oilers to the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for Kale Kessy. At the conclusion of his major junior career in the 2012–13 season with the Kitchener Rangers of the Ontario Hockey League, Rieder was signed to a three-year entry level contract by the Coyotes on 15 April 2013.
In the 2014–15 campaign, his second North American professional season, Rieder received his first NHL recall by the Coyotes from AHL affiliate the Portland Pirates on 2 November 2014. On that same day Rieder scored his first NHL goal and got the game winner for the Coyotes.
On 1 December 2014, Rieder set an NHL record by a first-year player by scoring two short-handed goals 58 seconds apart during the same penalty kill in a 5-2 win against the Edmonton Oilers.
As of 26 January 2016, Rieder has collected 30 points (10 goals, 20 assists) in 48 games, during his second NHL season with the Coyotes.
Regular season and playoffs
- "Coyotes acquire Tobias Rieder". Phoenix Coyotes. 29 March 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "Coyotes sign Rieder to entry-level contract". Phoenix Coyotes. 15 April 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "Coyotes recall Rieder". Arizona Coyotes. 2 November 2014. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "Roster forming - 2014 WM - International Ice Hockey Federation IIHF". International Ice Hockey Federation. 9 May 2014. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This German biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|