Tobu 200 series
|Tobu 200 series|
200 series, June 2008
|In service||since 1991|
|Number in service||60 vehicles (10 sets)|
|Formation||6 cars per trainset|
|Line(s) served||Tobu Skytree Line, Tobu Isesaki Line|
|Car body construction||Steel|
|Car length||20 m|
|Doors||One per side|
|Maximum speed||110 km/h (70 mph)|
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC|
|Current collection method||Overhead line|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The Tobu 200 series and 250 series (東武200系・250系 Tōbu 200/250-kei?) are electric multiple unit (EMU) train types operated in Japan on limited express services by the private railway operator Tobu Railway since 1991. The trains are used on Ryōmō services from Asakusa in Tokyo to Akagi and Kuzū.
200 series sets 201 to 209
Cars 2, 4, and 5 are each fitted with a pantograph (scissors type on sets 201 to 206, and single-arm type on sets 207 to 209.
250 series set 251
Car 2 is fitted with one single-arm pantograph, and car 4 is fitted with two single-arm pantograph.
Passenger accommodation is monoclass with unidirectional reclining seats arranged with a seat pitch of 985 mm (38.8 in). Seats in the 200 series sets were reused from former 1700 and 1720 series trainsets, with new seat cover moquette. Vending machines selling drinks are provided.
The first seven 200 series sets were built between 1991 and 1996 utilizing the bogies and traction motors from former 1700/1720 series "DRC" EMUs displaced by the arrival of new Spacia 100 series EMUs. The trains entered service from 1 February 1991. Sets 208 and 209 built in fiscal 1997 featured HID headlights, LED destination indicators, and single-arm pantographs. 250 series set 251, was an entirely new build, delivered in March 1998. This featured the same 190 kW traction motors and bogies as the 30000 series, with VVVF control. Only three of the six cars in this set are motored.
In December 2014, set 206 was overhauled and returned to traffic with new seats, replacing the original 1700/1720 series seating.
- 日本と世界の鉄道カタログ [Japan and World Railway Catalogue]. Japan: Seibido Publishing. August 1991. p. 40-41. ISBN 4-415-03383-0.
- 私鉄車両年鑑2013 [Japan Private Railways Annual 2013]. Tokyo, Japan: Ikaros Publications Ltd. 20 March 2013. p. 166. ISBN 978-4-86320-693-9.
- 日本と世界の鉄道カタログ [Japan and World Railway Catalogue]. Japan: Seibido Publishing. July 1992. ISBN 4-415-03262-1.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2012 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2012]. Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. July 2012. p. 45. ISBN 978-4-330-29911-2.
- ２００６東武鉄道優等車両カタログ [2006 Tobu Railway Express Rolling Stock Catalogue]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine (Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun) 35 (264): p.22–24. April 2006.
- 東武鉄道200系206編成の座席が交換される [Seats replaced on Tobu 200 series set 206]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 14 December 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tobu 200 series.|
- Tobu 200 series information (Japanese)