Tobu 30000 series
|Tobu 30000 series|
30000 series 6-car set 31609 leading a 10-car train in June 2008
|Manufacturer||Alna Kōki, Tokyu Car Corporation, Fuji Heavy Industries|
|Number built||150 vehicles (30 sets)|
|Number in service||150 vehicles (30 sets)|
|Formation||10/6/4 cars per trainset|
|Depot(s)||Kasukabe, Minami-Kurihashi, Shinrinkōen|
|Line(s) served||Tobu Skytree Line, Tobu Isesaki Line, Tobu Nikko Line, Tobu Tojo Line, Tokyo Metro Hanzomon Line, Tokyu Den-en-toshi Line|
|Car body construction||Stainless steel|
|Car length||20 m (65 ft 7 in)|
|Doors||4 pairs per side|
|Electric system(s)||1,500 V DC|
|Current collection method||Overhead line|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
The Tobu 30000 series (東武30000系 Tōbu 30000-kei?) is a commuter electric multiple unit (EMU) train type operated by the private railway operator Tobu Railway in Japan since 1997. Initially formed as six-car and four-car sets, sets are mostly formed as permanently coupled ten-car formations since 2011.
As of 1 April 2015[update], the fleet consists of two six-car and two four-car sets based at Minami-Kurihashi and Kasukabe depots for Tobu Skytree Line and Tobu Nikko Line services, and 13 permanently coupled 6+4-car sets based at Shinrinkoen Depot for Tobu Tojo Line services.
10-car Tobu Tojo Line sets
- The M1 and M1A cars are each fitted with two single-arm pantographs, and the M3 cars are fitted with one.
- Cars 2, 3, 6, and 9 have wheelchair spaces.
The M1 cars are fitted with two single-arm pantographs, and the M3 cars are fitted with one.
The M1A cars are fitted with two single-arm pantographs.
The first three sets delivered, sets 31601, 31401, and 31402, had flat panels on the seat ends and no centre stanchions. Set 31403 was fitted with contoured seats, and these were fitted on all subsequent sets delivered. Sets 31607 and 31407 onward had higher light blue panels on the seat ends.
The first set, 31601, was delivered in November 1996, with the first trains entering service on 25 March 1997. Initially used primarily on Tobu Isesaki Line services, they were introduced on through-running services to and from the Tokyu Den-en-toshi Line via the Tokyo Metro Hanzomon Line from March 2003.
Transfer to Tojo Line
From January 2011, pairs of four- and six-car sets were transferred to the Tobu Tojo Line, commencing with sets 31601 and 31401. These sets entered revenue service from 13 June 2011 following modifications at Shinrinkōen Depot to form a permanently coupled 10-car set with control equipment and skirts removed from the two intermediate driving cabs.
Fixed 10-car set conversion dates
|Set No.||Official modification date|
|31601+31401||23 March 2011|
|31602+31402||14 January 2015|
|31603+31403||3 December 2012|
|31604+31404||22 March 2013|
|31605+31405||5 July 2012|
|31607+31407||23 October 2014|
|31608+31408||26 June 2013|
|31610+31410||3 October 2012|
|31611+31411||18 November 2011|
|31612+31412||8 July 2014|
|31613+31413||27 January 2014|
|31614+31414||2 September 2014|
|31615+31415||8 October 2013|
- ２００６東武鉄道通勤車両カタログ [2006 Tobu Railway Commuter Rolling Stock Catalogue]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine. Vol. 35 no. 263. Japan: Kotsu Shimbun. March 2006. pp. 13–15.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2015 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2015] (in Japanese). Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 23 July 2015. pp. 40–42, 204. ISBN 978-4-330-58415-7.
- 東武30000系31601編成+31401編成が森林公園検修区へ [Tobu 30000 series sets 31601 and 31401 move to Shinrinkōen Depot]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Koyusha Co., Ltd. 27 January 2011. Retrieved 28 January 2011.
- "東武鉄道30000系 東上線で運用開始" [Tobu 30000 series enters service on Tojo Line]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine. Vol. 40 no. 329. Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun. September 2011. p. 73.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2012 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2012]. Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. July 2012. p. 199. ISBN 978-4-330-29911-2.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2013 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2013]. Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 30 July 2013. p. 205. ISBN 978-4-330-39313-1.
- 私鉄車両編成表 2014 [Private Railway Rolling Stock Formations - 2014]. Japan: Kotsu Shimbunsha. 24 July 2014. p. 199. ISBN 978-4-330-48414-3.
- "新車ガイド 東武鉄道30000系" [New Rolling Stock Guide: Tobu 30000 series]. Japan Railfan Magazine. No. 430. Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. February 1997.
- "東武鉄道30000系" [Tobu 30000 series]. Railway Journal. Japan: Tetsudo Journal (364). March 1997.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tobu 30000 series.|
- Tobu 30000 series (Japanese)