This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1965 (age 52–53)|
Toby Lanzer (born 1965), a national of the United Kingdom, is currently the United Nations Deputy Special Representative for the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA). Prior to this appointment of 31 January 2017 to the post by United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres, he served the United Nations in various high-level positions.
Toby Lanzer began his career with the United Nations Development Programme in 1992, and since then has worked for the UN in various capacities in peacekeeping, humanitarian affairs and development. Most recently, he has held several high-level positions in the field including Regional Humanitarian Coordinator for the Sahel, Deputy Special Representative of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS), and Chief of Staff of the United Nations Integrated Mission in Timor-Leste (UNMIT). He holds a master’s degree in international affairs and a bachelor’s degree in history, as well as a post-graduate certificate in forced migration. He received his education at the University of New Hampshire, Columbia University and University of Oxford.
- Deputy Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General in the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS)
- Chief of Staff of the United Nations Integrated Mission in Timor-Leste (UNMIT)
- Deputy Resident Coordinator and Humanitarian Coordinator in the United Nations Mission in Sudan (UNMIS)
- UNDP Resident Representative in the Central African Republic
- Chief of the Consolidated Appeals Process (CAP) based in the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
- Head of the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in Moscow, Russian Federation
- "Secretary-General Appoints Toby Lanzer of United Kingdom Deputy Special Representative for Afghanistan". United Nations. 2017-01-31. Retrieved 2017-07-16.
- "Secretary-General Appoints Toby Lanzer of United Kingdom as Deputy Special Representative in South Sudan". United Nations. 2012-07-26. Retrieved 2017-07-16.
- "Interview with Toby Lanzer – UN Humanitarian Coordinator in CAR". IRIN. 2008-04-03. Retrieved 2017-07-16.
|This British diplomat-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|