Leiweke was the Chief Executive Officer of the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League, owned by Paul Allen, and the Seattle Sounders FC of Major League Soccer, which Leiweke has a minority stake in. Leiweke also was the CEO of Vulcan Sports and Entertainment (VSE), a management company also owned by Allen which oversees Allen's sports-related properties. Prior to his employment with Paul Allen, Leiweke had served as president of the Minnesota Wild, was the first executive director of The First Tee and previously held executive positions with the PGA Tour, the Vancouver Canucks, and the Golden State Warriors.
In 2007, he became acting president of the Portland Trail Blazers, replacing Steve Patterson. Vulcan Sports and Entertainment was created at that time. Leiweke served as acting president until June 20 of that year, when the team named Larry Miller to be its president.
He was hired on July 26, 2010, to become the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Minority Owner of Tampa Bay Sports & Entertainment including the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Tampa Bay Storm, Tampa Bay Times Forum and the combined Cascade and TBSE Real Estate Project.
On July 24, 2015, it was announced that Leiweke would resign from his projects in Tampa Bay to join the NFL as their new chief operating officer. He became the first NFL COO since commissioner Roger Goodell took over in 2003. On March 13, 2018, Leiweke resigned as COO of the NFL.
- Rhoden, William C. (1983-01-13). "ARROWS ARE SEEKING TO AMERICANIZE SOCCER". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
- "Seattle Seahawks Management Profile: Tod Leiweke". Seattle Seahawks. Archived from the original on 2007-10-29. Retrieved 2007-06-23.
- "Tod Leiweke to Assume Management Oversight for the Portland Trail Blazers". Portland Trail Blazers. March 1, 2007. Retrieved 2007-06-23.
- http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/01/08/seahawks.mora.ap/index.html. Missing or empty
- "NFL COO Tod Leiweke departs, will reportedly team up with brother to lead Seattle's NHL franchise". Geek Wire. Retrieved 2018-09-28.
- "BREAKING: Tod Leiweke to be announced as Seattle Hockey Partners Team President". Sonics Rising. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-01-31. Retrieved 2011-06-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
| Seattle NHL team CEO
| Portland Trail Blazers President
| Portland Trail Blazers General Manager