|Slogan||Hits & Old Skool|
|Owner||Southern Cross Austereo|
The Hit Network started in 1980 as the Austereo Network, with Austereo securing the first commercial FM licence in Adelaide in 1980. Double SA FM would be joined by Fox FM in Melbourne in 1986, B105 FM Brisbane in 1988 and 2Day FM in Sydney in 1989. The network also grew through joint-ventures in Canberra with 104.7 and NXFM Newcastle (now fully owned). Austereo expanded into Perth in 1998 when it purchased PMFM now known as HIT 92.9, although it wasn't until 2005 that the station exclusively joined the Today Network, after also being affiliated with sister station Triple M for many years and taking programming from both networks.
The network was previously known as Today's Austereo Network and the Today Network.
After Austereo was purchased by Southern Cross Media, it began incorporating its regional CHR network into the Today Network. Only some of its Sea FM stations, including those in Hobart and the Gold Coast, began adopting similar branding to the metropolitan stations.
In December 2014, Southern Cross Austereo announced that, off the back of rebranding SAFM as Hit107, the network would be rebranded as Today's Hit Network. The rebrand took place on Wednesday 14th January 2015 - by mid-2015, the station would drop the Today moniker as the Hit Network.
In February 2016, Southern Cross Austereo forged ahead with rolling out the Hit Network Branding to more markets. The launch saw the regional centric Sea FM Hobart brand dropped to be replaced with Hit100.9.
|2DAY||104.1 MHz FM||2DayFM||Sydney, New South Wales||Hits & Old Skool|
|2ROC||104.7 MHz FM||Hit104.7||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory||Hits & Old Skool
The Capital's #1 Hit Music Radio Station
|2XXX||106.9 MHz FM||NXFM||Newcastle, New South Wales||Hits & Old Skool
Newcastle's Hit Music Station
|Formerly 2HR and 2NX|
|3FOX||101.9 MHz FM||Fox FM||Melbourne, Victoria||Hits & Old Skool
Melbourne's Hit Music Station
|4BBB||105.3 MHz FM||Hit105||Brisbane, Queensland||Hits & Old Skool
Brisbane's Hit Music Station
|Formerly 4BK and B105|
|5SSA||107.1 MHz FM||Hit107||Adelaide, South Australia||Hits & Old Skool
Adelaide's Hit Music Station
|6PPM||92.9 MHz FM||Hit92.9||Perth, Western Australia||Hits & Old Skool
Perth's Hit Music Station
|Formerly 6PM, PMFM and 92.9|
|7TTT||100.9 MHz FM||Hit100.9||Hobart, Tasmania||Hits & Old Skool
Hobart's Hit Music Station
|Formerly Triple T and Sea FM 100.9|
|Various||Sea FM||New South Wales and Queensland||Hits & Old Skool|
|Various||Star FM||New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia||Hits & Old Skool|
|Various||Hot FM||Queensland and Western Australia||Hits & Old Skool|
- Hamish & Andy - Weekdays, 4pm - 6pm (deja vu hour - Weeknights, 6pm-7pm)
- Rove & Sam - Weekdays, 6am-9pm (Sydney only), Weeknights (nation-wide), 7pm - 8pm
- Hit 30 with Angus O'Loughlin & Emma Freedman - Weeknights, 8pm - 10pm
- The Dan & Maz Show - Weekends, 7am - 9am
- Take 40 Australia with Angus O'Loughlin & Emma Freedman1 - Saturday, 2pm - 6pm
- The Drop with Marty Smiley & Michael Beveridge1 - Friday, 10pm - 1am & Saturday, 6pm - 12am
- Planet Vevo with Tim Lee & Ellie Angel - Sunday, 2pm - 5pm
- Boxed In with Fifi Box1 - Sunday, 5pm - 6pm
- The Em Rusciano Radio Show - Sunday, 6pm - 8pm
- The Hit AU with Byron Cooke - Sunday, 10pm - 12am
1. Produced by Authentic Entertainment
The Hit Network simulcasts each metro station in the network on Digital Radio in their local markets.
The Hit Network launched Caravan Radio on 24 May 2010. It is a "pop up" Digital Radio station that plays the best bits from Hamish & Andy's Caravan of Courage journeys while they toured the United Kingdom on their fourth Caravan of Courage.
- "Canberra’s Hit104.7 Arrives". Radio Today. Retrieved 2015-12-16.
- "#HitHobart". Radio Today. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- Austereo finds new digital partner - themusic.com.au 26 January 2010
- Hamish & Andy get their own station with Caravan of Courage Radio - mUmBRELLA, 24 May 2010