Todd Anthony Tyler
Todd Anthony Tyler
|Alma mater||Trent University|
|Known for||Photography, TV Host.|
Todd Anthony Tyler is a Canadian reality television judge, fashion photographer and former model. He was the resident photographer and judge for the first season of Asia's Next Top Model. He is also the resident photographer and judge of TV show Fit for Fashion.
Born in Sudbury, Ontario, Tyler is the son of Judy Smith. He has one sister and graduated from Trent University with a BSc in Biology and related studies in art history, having also done one semester at Simon Fraser University.
Tyler lived on a farm until he was 16. His parents divorced, and his step father owned a gym, where Tyler began weight training. When Tyler was young, his mother gave him a 110 film cartridge camera, which he used to shoot nature and landscape images.
Model, photographer, TV personality
Tyler started his professional modelling career modelling in Milan, Italy with model agency Model Plan in 1994. He carried on modelling internationally until 2003 when he switched to the other side of the camera and took up professional fashion photography.
He is self-taught. His first professional position was as a shoot photographer for a Singapore-based catalog magazine. His client roster includes Vogue China, Elle Singapore, Harper's Bazaar China, L'Officiel, GQ China, Indochino, Ports 1961, Nike Numero, Stella McCartney and others. His studio Todd Anthony Tyler Photography opened in Shanghai, China in 2003.
Some of his influences are Steven Meisel, Terry Richardson, David LaChapelle and Helmut Newton. He has compared his own work to "National Geographic style images"in that they are drawing influence from various cultures.
In 2012, he was the resident photographer and judge on season 1 of Asia's Next Top Model. Since 2014 Tyler has been the resident photographer and judge on reality television show Fit for Fashion. He appeared in episode 7 of China's Next Top Model season 5. In 2013, Tyler appeared as guest judge on MEGA Fashion Crew's season 3.
In 2014, he was the chief photographer for the stills team of The Apartment - Celebrity Edition he also provided creative direction, production and photography for the advertising media campaign for Lady and The Tiger theater production in April 2014, Shanghai.
Tyler has also written columns on the profession. He contributed a monthly column to Asian Photography magazine from 2010–2014 and is sometimes guest technical columnist for Mega Man magazine in the Philippines.
|2012–13||Asia's Next Top Model||Himself||season 1 judge|
|2013||MEGA Fashion Crew||guest judge in season 3|
|2014||The Apartment - Celebrity Edition||chief photographer stills team|
|2014–present||Fit for Fashion||judge and resident photographer|
Tyler carries out philanthropic work for Happy Hearts Fund Indonesia and Foundation for Mother and Child Health.
- "Photographer Todd Anthony Tyler - The Social Life". The Social Life. 2012-10-30. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- "Todd Anthony Tyler on Why Shanghai Could Have Been the New York of Asia - CAF". CAF. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- "Photographer Todd Anthony Tyler - The Social Life". The Social Life. 2012-10-30. Archived from the original on 2016-11-14. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- PCL., Post Publishing. "Bangkok Post". www.bangkokpost.com. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- Ryles, Marvin (2016-01-15). "CUTS Interview : Photographer Todd Anthony Tyler". CUTS. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- "Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana for Numéro Thailand December 2013". the CITIZENS of FASHION. 2013-12-10. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "Celebrity Fashion Photographer Todd Anthony Tyler | Asian Fusion Magazine". www.asianfusion-mag.com. Retrieved 2016-11-12.
- "Meet Todd Anthony Tyler". Menswear Style. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- Post, The Jakarta. "Getting camera ready". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- Day, Lara. "Tyra Banks on 'Asia's Next Top Model'". WSJ. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- "Interview: A Few Words with Todd Anthony Tyler". 2012-09-03. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "Fit for Fashion media launch". www.fitnessfirst.com.ph. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "MEGA Fashion Crew Reloaded: Episode 6 Plug — BIQLA Video". www.biqla.com. Retrieved 2016-11-12.
- "Foreign accent comes to Chinese reality shows". www.shanghaidaily.com. Retrieved 2016-11-10.
- "The Lensman's Moment". Mega Style. 2012-12-04. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- "Todd Anthony Tyler". hypocritedesign. Retrieved 2016-11-12.
- "Karina Smith In Sapto Djojokartiko At DaMan 6th Anniversary Party | Sapto Djojokartiko". saptodjojokartiko.com. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- "catching up: Todd Anthony Tyler talks about ASIA's NEXT TOP MODEL - Fashion Daily Mag". Fashion Daily Mag. 2012-09-21. Retrieved 2016-11-14.
- Consultant, Jonha Revesencio Marketing (2014-02-13). "Todd Anthony Tyler on Using Influence to Make a Difference". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2016-11-12.