October 30, 1974 |
New York City
|Alma mater||Pratt Institute, 1996
Danmarks Designskole, 2000
Todd Bracher (born October 30, 1974) is an American industrial designer and design strategist based in Brooklyn, New York, the founder of Todd Bracher, Design for Strategic Differentiation, and former creative director at Georg Jensen.
Bracher was born and raised on Long Island, New York. He graduated from the Pratt Institute’s industrial design program in 1996, and, after winning a Fulbright design fellowship, earned his MFA in interior and furniture design at the Danmarks Designskole in 2000.
Bracher spent 10 years in Europe, working and studying in Copenhagen, Milan, London and Paris. He founded Todd Bracher Studio in 1999. His first design to enter into production was the Freud sofa, produced by Italian furniture manufacturer Zanotta.
He moved to London in 2003 to serve as lead designer for Tom Dixon. From 2003 to 2005, he was professor of design at L'ESAD in Reims, France. He began designing for Georg Jensen in 2004, and in 2009 was named creative director of the brand, based in Copenhagen with more than 100 stores worldwide. He has designed pieces for companies including Cappellini, Fritz Hansen, 3M and SodaStream.
Bracher returned to Brooklyn in 2007, moving his studio to a large warehouse in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. In 2012, he worked as strategic partner and art director with 3M’s new division, 3M Architectural Markets, to create Lightfalls, a patented system of energy-saving reflectors that can improve the efficiency of LED lighting.
Bracher and his team employ a process of Strategic Design which drives business growth through aligning market opportunities with business optimization. The New York Daily News named him “the country’s next great designer”.
- Cappellini Alodia
- Georg Jensen Creative Director
- Herman Miller Distil
- Humanscale Trea
- Fritz Hansen Tno1
- 2016 Designer of the Year 
- 2015 Product Designer of the Year 
- 2015 Top 100 global Design influencer, Wallpaper* Magazine 
- 2015 RedDot Best of the Best Award 
- Mark Rozzo, “Styled to a T,” New York Times Magazine, March 29, 2011.
- Donna Heiderstadt, “Alumni Q&A: Todd Bracher,” Interior Design, November 19, 2012.
- Liz Arnold, “Honest to Todd,” Surface, No. 73, 2008, pp. 92-93.
- Anna Carnick, “TB Determined,” Clear, September 2009, pp. 32-37.
- Jason Sheftell, “Todd Bracher stakes his claim as the country’s next great designer,” New York Daily News, August 12, 2008.
- Jaime Derringer, “Friday Five With Todd Bracher,” design-milk.com, February 11, 2011.
- Sophia Chabbott, “Georg Jensen Taps Bracher As Firm’s Creative Director,” Women's Wear Daily, April 30, 2009, p. 13.
- Rose Etherington, “Alodia by Todd Bracher for Cappellini,” De Zeen, March 11, 2010.
- Margaret Rhodes, “3M Revolutionizes Lighting System With Lightfalls,” Fast Company, November 2012.
- Vivek Ahuja, “Brummell: SodaStream serves up bubbles and chic,” Financial News, April 9, 2012.
- Andrew Liszewski, “These Super-Efficient Reflectors Could Light an Entire Room With Just a Single LED,” Gizmodo, June 16, 2012.
- "Interiors + Sources". www.interiorsandsources.com. Retrieved 2017-01-03.
- "FX Awards 2015: The winners - DesignCurial". www.designcurial.com. Retrieved 2016-08-26.
- Magazine, Wallpaper* (2015-10-12). "Wallpaper* Power 200: the world's top design names and influencers | Design | Wallpaper* Magazine". Retrieved 2016-08-26.
- "Trea - 2015 | work | Red Dot Award: Product Design". red-dot.de. Retrieved 2016-08-26.