This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Todd Anthony Combs|
January 27, 1971
Sarasota, Florida, U.S.
Florida State University |
Columbia Business School
Todd Anthony Combs (born January 27, 1971) is a former hedge fund manager and current investment manager at Berkshire Hathaway. Alongside Ted Weschler, he is frequently cited as a potential successor of Warren Buffett as the chief investment officer of Berkshire. In 2016 he was appointed board member of JPMorgan Chase.
Early life and education
Todd Anthony Combs was born and raised in Sarasota, Florida. He is a 1993 graduate of Florida State University, with degrees in finance and multinational business operations. Combs later attended Columbia Business School in New York City, graduating in 2002.
Before going into the hedge-fund world, Combs worked for a time as a Florida bank regulator and also in the pricing department of Progressive Insurance. In 2005, Combs launched a hedge fund called Castle Point Capital, based in Greenwich, Connecticut. He was Chief Executive Officer and Director of Castle Point from 2005 to 2010. During that time, the returns of Combs's firm were a cumulative 34%, according to an investor. In October 2010, the Wall Street Journal reported that Buffett had tapped Combs to eventually replace him as the chief investment officer of Berkshire Hathaway.
- Serwer, Andy (28 April 2017). "EXCLUSIVE: Warren Buffett's money managers, Todd Combs and Ted Weschler, speak". Yahoo! Finance. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- Stempel, Jonathan (2016-09-20). "Buffett investing deputy Combs joins JPMorgan board". Reuters. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- "Sarasota native not among Buffett promotions". Sarasota Herald Tribune. 10 January 2018. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- Susan Pulliam; Serena Ng (28 October 2010). Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 27 October 2010. .
- Foley, Stephen (18 May 2016). "Warren Buffett's protégés flex investment muscle". Financial Times. The Financial Times Ltd. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- Serena Ng; Susan Pulliam; Gregory Zuckerman (28 October 2010). "Buffett: Combs Is 'a 100% Fit'". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 27 October 2010.