Todd Darren Lieberman
February 20, 1973
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania|
|Occupation||Film and television producer|
Heather Zeegen (m. 2003)
Todd Darren Lieberman (born February 20, 1973) is an American film and television producer. He co-founded Mandeville Films and Television with David Hoberman in 2002. Mandeville has produced several notable films, including The Fighter, which won two Academy Awards in 2010, and for which Lieberman was nominated for the Oscar for Best Picture.
Lieberman was born to a Jewish family in Cleveland, and grew up in Lyndhurst and Pepper Pike, Ohio. He graduated from Hawken School. He is from a Jewish family. He performed with local theatre groups in Ohio before moving to Los Angeles in 1995. He began there with acting and then moved on to writing, directing and producing. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Pennsylvania in 1995 where he was a member of the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity and The Mask and Wig Club.
Lieberman was Senior Vice President for International Finance at the production company Hyde Park Entertainment, which produced and co-financed films such as Anti-Trust, Bandits and Moonlight Mile. Lieberman established himself at the international sales and distribution company Summit Entertainment, where he progressed thanks to championing the independent film Memento and acquiring the rights to American Pie.
In 1999, Lieberman was hired by David Hoberman to work for Mandeville Films. After a short hiatus, the two re-formed the production company as Mandeville Films and Television in 2002, with both serving as co-owners and company partners. In 2001, he was named one of the "35 under 35" people to watch in the business by The Hollywood Reporter..
Lieberman is married to former film producer Heather Lieberman (née Zeegen). Together, the couple have 2 sons. He is a member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, and is a mentor at the Producers Guild of America.
Awards and nominations
|2008||Black Reel Awards||Best Film||Traitor (shared with Don Cheadle, Jeffrey Silver and David Hoberman)||Nominated|
|2010||Academy Awards||Best Picture||The Fighter (shared with David Hoberman and Mark Wahlberg)||Nominated|
|Awards Circuit Community Awards||ACCA – Best Motion Picture||Nominated|
|Davis Award – Best Motion Picture||The Fighter (shared with Dorothy Aufiero, Ryan Kavanaugh, Paul Tamasy and Mark Wahlberg)||Nominated|
|2011||AFI Awards||Movie of the Year||The Fighter (shared with David Hoberman and Mark Wahlberg)||Won|
|PGA Awards||Best Theatrical Motion Picture||Nominated|
|2012||Academy Awards||Best Original Song - "Man or Muppet"||The Muppets (shared with James Bobin, Martin G. Baker, Bill Barretta, David Hoberman, John G. Scotti, Jason Segel, Nicholas Stoller)|
|Christopher Awards||Feature Film||The Muppets (shared with James Bobin, Martin G. Baker, Bill Barretta, David Hoberman, John G. Scotti, Jason Segel, Nicholas Stoller)||Won|
|BAFTA Awards||BAFTA Children's Award for Best Feature Film||The Muppets (shared with David Hoberman and James Bobin)||Nominated|
|2014||BAFTA Kids' Vote – Feature Film||Muppets Most Wanted (shared with James Bobin, David Hoberman and Nicholas Stoller)||Nominated|
- "Personal Details for Todd Darren Lieberman, "United States Public Records, 1970-2009"". FamilySearch.
- "David Hoberman". UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television. September 2011.
- "The 83rd Academy Awards (2011) Nominees and Winners". Oscars.org. Retrieved April 17, 2013.
- Winer, Madeline (July 10, 2013). "Lieberman credits Cleveland Jewish roots for reel success in film". Cleveland Jewish News.
- O'Connor, Clint (February 26, 2011). "Northeast Ohioan Todd Lieberman going to the Oscars; his film 'The Fighter' is up for best picture". The Plain Dealer.
- Futterman, Ellen (February 23, 2011). "Oscar night for the Jews". St. Louis Jewish Light. Retrieved October 31, 2014.
- Rosenbaum, Emily (April 29, 2010). "The Producer". The Pennsylvania Gazette.
- "Alumni | The Mask and Wig Club". www.maskandwig.com. Retrieved March 27, 2017.
- Collins, Ashley Wren (April 27, 2010). "Todd Lieberman of Mandeville Films Delivers His Best One-Liners". The Huffington Post.
- Fernandez, Jay A. (December 6, 2011). "Executive Suite: Mandeville Films". The Hollywood Reporter.
- "About David Hoberman, UCLA Visiting Asst. Professor". University of California, Los Angeles. Archived from the original on May 11, 2009. Retrieved July 27, 2009.
- "Next Gen 2012: Hollywood's All-Star Alumni". The Hollywood Reporter. November 7, 2011.
- Winer, Madeleine (July 10, 2013). "Lieberman credits Cleveland Jewish roots for reel success in film". Cleveland Jewish News.
- "About | Represent.Us". End corruption. Defend the Republic. Retrieved November 1, 2016.