Todd Newton hosting the Live version of The Price Is Right in January 2010.
|Born||James Todd Newton
May 5, 1970
St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.
Game show host
|Website||Todd Newton official website|
While visiting Los Angeles in 1990 to host a movie junket for a St. Louis television station, Newton — then a local disc jockey known as Rikk Idol — used the last of his travel money to hire a taxi to take him to the offices of various agents around Hollywood.
Newton has hosted such productions including GSN's Hollywood Showdown, Made in the USA, World's Wildest Game Shows, and Whammy!: The All New Press Your Luck.
- Gameshow Marathon (2006, road reporter and prize presenter)
- Whammy! The All-New Press Your Luck (2002-2003)
- Hollywood Showdown (2000-2001)
- Hot Ticket (2003)
- Family Game Night (2010–present)
- GSN Live (2009)
- Made in the USA (2005)
- Performing As... (2003)
- Reality Remix (2003-2005)
- E! (1995-2007)
Newton has been behind the microphone of various American radio stations including WKBQ in his hometown of St. Louis, KIIS and KBIG in Los Angeles, WNEW in New York, and the syndicated All Nite Cafe. He is currently the host of The Todd Newton Show, a weekly podcast featuring interviews with people from all over the world. In January 2015, he helped launch a new radio station in St. Louis called NOW 96.3 and can currently be heard each weekday from 10am-2pm.
DVD game credits
- Match Game
- Press Your Luck (2006)
In 2012, Newton authored his first book, Life in the Bonus Round: A Game Show Host's Road to Success and Fulfillment, which was named Best Autobiography at the Beverly Hills Book Awards.
The following year he penned The Choice Is Yours: Six Keys for Putting Your Best into Action and Create A Superstar Demo Reel.
- Joe Holleman. Todd Newton nominated for another Daytime Emmy, stltoday.com; accessed September 9, 2015.
- Profile, bnd.com; accessed September 9, 2015.
- Profile, stltoday.com; accessed September 9, 2015.
- Todd Newton aka Rikk Idol is back on St. Louis airwaves, ksdk.com, February 3, 2015; accessed September 9, 2015.