Todd Snyder (fashion designer)
Todd Snyder founded his namesake label in 2011, in New York City. Born and raised in Ames, Iowa, Snyder moved to New York to design outerwear for Polo Ralph Lauren before becoming the Director of Menswear for the Gap Inc. Afterwards, Snyder became SVP of menswear at J. Crew, where he introduced formal wear and created collaborations with heritage brands, including Timex, Red Wing Shoes, Thomas Mason and Alden.
Todd Snyder the brand launched its first menswear collection in the Fall of 2011, at retailers Bergdorf Goodman, Ron Herman, and Neiman Marcus. Snyder is inspired by Savile Row craftsmanship, military tailoring, and New York style. In 2012, the fashion label was picked up by Barneys New York and select Nordstrom stores.
Awards and honors
- 2012 CFDA/Swarovski Award for Menswear
- 2012 GQ’s Best New Menswear Designers
- 2013 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund finalist
- CFDA, 2016 Menswear Designer of the Year nominee: Todd Snyder
- Trebay, Guy. "Todd Snyder, a Designer Raised in Iowa, Is Big in Japan". New York Times. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- American Eagle Outfitters Looks to Grow Up Helena Yeung, Hypebeast, November 4, 2015
- American Eagle Acquires Todd Snyder in $11 Million Deal Women's Wear Daily
- Schube, Sam (2018-02-06). "The Man Who Taught Men to Love Clothes". GQ. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- "Todd Snyder and Moby's Lincoln Pilcher Explain How Their Capsule Collection Came To Be". Fashion Week Daily. August 12, 2019. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund