His work focuses on the legal, economic and political implications of the World Trade Organization (WTO), North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), Central America Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) and other trade agreements and debt relief issues. He is a media commentator on international economic and policy issues who has been cited and published by radio, print and Internet outlets such as the Los Angeles Times, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, The Nation, Dissent Magazine, Foreign Policy In Focus, and other publications.
A Gates Scholar, he received his PhD from the University of Cambridge and his B.A. from George Washington University. He was research director of Public Citizen's Global Trade Watch division and primary blogger at Eyes on Trade. He is co-author of "The Rise and Fall of Fast Track Trade Authority", a 2009 book about the history of the expansion of executive-branch involvement in the formation of U.S. trade policy - and the expansion of trade policy into non-tariff matters like consumer protection rules. Tucker was also a policy analyst with the Center for Economic and Policy Research. According to The Nation, Tucker was a leader of the United Students Against Sweatshops student movement and Internet articles from 2000-01 have him listed as an organizer with the World Bank Bonds Boycott campaign. He has also helped lead the movement to create staff trade unions at non-governmental organizations, according to a 2004 article from the National Organizer's Alliance.
- Francesco Guerrero and Tom Braithwaite. "U.S. Groups Back Role of Global Companies", March 16, 2009 (Financial Times)
- Juliane von Reppert-Bismarck. "Trade Unionists Working Within the WTO: Protesters Take Message Directly to Negotiators", December 13, 2005 (Washington Post, Wall Street Journal)
- Gates Cambridge
- 2Ceilings Blog
- Eyes on Trade Blog
-  Papers by Todd Tucker for Global Trade Watch
- "The Rise and Fall of Fast Track Trade Authority", book by Todd Tucker
-  Alternet columns by Todd Tucker
-  Papers by Todd Tucker for the Center for Economic and Policy Research
- Winter 2009 Dissent Magazine article by Todd Tucker
-  Papers by Todd Tucker for Foreign Policy in Focus
- Mark Engler “CAFTA’s Corpse Revived”, The Nation, March 1, 2006
- Brian Scheid “Report Says Fitzpatrick Rewarded for CAFTA Vote”, Bucks County Courier Times, February 15, 2006
-  Todd Tucker and the World Bank Bonds Boycott campaign