Todd Wright (musician)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genres||Pop, Rock, R&B, dance, Country|
|Occupation(s)||Songwriter (lyric, melody, music)|
Todd Wright is an American music composer, songwriter and producer from the Washington D.C. area. Todd has collaborated with artists such as Butch Walker, Toby Lightman, Lucy Woodward, Audra Mae, Cazzette and numerous Korean Pop Stars VIXX and Luna. In addition to Todd's domestic and international chart success, he is credited with many songs placements in TV and Film
Todd started out as a drummer before getting the itch to move from behind the kit to the front of the stage to allow his story telling abilities to really shine. After having success with GetawayCar and having their song 'Superstar' featured in the national ad campaign for Pontiac Vibe, Todd appeared alongside Butch Walker on his album Cover Me Badd, the two performed a duet of Elvis Costello's hit "Alison". Later, Todd toured with Lucy Woodward in support of her record While You Can. Todd also toured with Pat McGee Band and played shows with Better Than Ezra.
Todd has moved into full on songwriting and producing mode, trading in the touring lifestyle for traveling to write in Nashville, Los Angeles, NYC as well as International writing trips to the Netherlands, Germany and France. Todd, developed Chelsea Lee who went on to sign a record deal with Atlantic records and currently Todd is writing and producing for Cassidy Ford who has already signed a publishing deal with Young Guns Publishing out of Nashville and released and EP, Skin & Bones. Several of those songs ended up on Nick at Nites 'Hollywood Heights'
Todd took on an ambitious project, 40x40, to write, record and produce 1 song a week for 40 weeks. This 40-week project generated money and awareness for Juvenile Diabetes as well as produced four complete albums. While working on this project Todd signed a publishing deal with PEN Music and alongside PEN, Todd is continuing to build a career as a songwriter and producer.
Alongside Mary Ann Redmond, Todd has penned a duet, "L'amour peut prendre froid", for French superstar, Johnny Hallyday and International superstar Celine Dion released late 2012. For this song, Todd and Mary Ann received the Washington Area Music Award for songwriters of the year and song of the year (2012)
Most recently Todd co-wrote a song that was released by Avicii label mates Cazzette. The Swedish duo released the single, Blind Heart, written by Cazzette, Ash Pournouri, Ivo Moring, Todd Wright and Terri B! aka Terri Bjerre.
- Luna member of f(x) "Galaxy" from Free Somebody, Co-Wrote: (S.M. Entertainment)
- Shogun "Dragon" Single, Co-Wrote: (Armada Music) Debuted at #9 on the US iTunes Dance Chart
- Cazzette "Blind Heart" Featuring Terri B: Co-Wrote: PRMD Records / Spotify Top 100 / 50 Million plays on Spotifiy certified
- VIXX "G.R.8.U" Single, (Jellyfish Entertainment): Co-Wrote
- Toby Lightman "Holding A Heart" (T Killa Records): Co-Wrote and Produced
- Johnny Hallyday "L'Attente" (Warner Music France): "L'amour peut prendre froid" (duet with Celine Dion)
- Celine Dion "Sans Attendre" (Columbia): "L'amour peut prendre froid" (duet with Johnny Hallyday)
- Lisa Lois "Smoke" (Sony): "Smoke" (title track)
- Audra Mae "The Happiest Lamb" (Sideone Dummy Records): "Smoke"
- Lena Meyer-Landrut "Good News" (Universal): "A Good Day"
- Sebastian Wurth "Strong" (German Idol Finalist): "Perfect"
- Chelsea Lee "18 and Alive" (Atlantic) "Figure Us Out", "Long Way Down", "Fly Me Home", "Look In The Mirror", "Don't Make Me Run" (bonus content)
- Junior Doctor "Clumsy Words and Bad Pickup Lines" (Universal) "Dancing In Your Dreams", "Beautiful And Blind", "Alright"
- Pat McGee Band "These Days (The Virginia Sessions) (Kirtland) (co-wrote and produced)
TV and Film Placements:
- Documentary: Nude: (STARZ) "Landmines"
- Hello Goodbye: (CBC Canada)
- Pitch (Fox)
- Lady Jewelpet: (TV Tokyo) Co-Wrote Theme Song "Your Love" by M Three
- Bones (Season 6) (Fox) Episode 1: "The Mastodon in the Room"
- 90210 (Season 5) (CW) Episode 10: "Misery Loves Company"
- One Tree Hill Season 8 (CW) Episode 6: "Not Afraid"
- The Vampire Diaries (Season 2) (CW) Episode 22 (Season Finale): "As I Lay Dying
- Whats Your Number? (Anna Ferris, Chris Evans) (20th Century FOX)
- Hollywood Heights (Nick at Nite)
- Switched at Birth (Season 1) (ABC Family) Episode 24: "The Intruder"
- Live For The Moment (CBS Special - Theme Song) "Live For The Moment"
- Assorted MTV Shows
- Cazzette "Blind Heart" (2014) All Music Guide
- Lisa Lois "Smoke" (2009) All Music Guide
- Lena Meyer-Landrut "Good News" (2011) All Music Guide
- WAMA Winners (2012) 
- Toby Lightman "Holding A Heart" (2013) All Music Guide