Toddlers & Tiaras
|Toddlers & Tiaras|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||7|
|No. of episodes||108 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Authentic Entertainment|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original release||January 27, 2009–present|
|Related shows||Eden's World
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
Toddlers & Tiaras or Another Toddlers & Tiaras is an American reality television series that aired on TLC from December 12, 2008, to October 16, 2013. After a three year hiatus due to much controversy, Another Toddlers and Tiaras aired the sequel on August 24, 2016. The shows follows the personal lives of families of contestants in a child beauty pageant. Like many shows about children pageants, it generated controversy for dressing the children provocatively. The show led to other reality show spin-offs: Eden's World, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, and Cheer Perfection. On November 24, 2016, they decided to cancel the show after its 8th season.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||9||January 27, 2009||April 14, 2009|
|2||18||July 22, 2009||February 17, 2010|
|3||18||June 2, 2010||February 23, 2011|
|4||14||June 15, 2011||September 21, 2011|
|5||31||December 12, 2012||February 6, 2013|
|6||13||June 5, 2013||October 16, 2013|
|7||13||August 24, 2016||November 23, 2016|
The show has generated some negative reactions over the costumes of some of its participants. In an August 2012 custody hearing surrounding a child on the show, a court appointed psychologist said, "Children adorned with pageantry identities are not 'playing' or 'pretending.' Instead, they are trained to closely resemble their adult counterparts." One mother on the show was criticized for padding her daughter's chest to resemble Dolly Parton's and another was criticized for asking her daughter to smoke fake cigarettes on stage.
A spin-off series, Eden's World, began in March 2012 and focused on Eden Wood, her family, and her manager. In the show, Eden Wood helped other girls to compete in pageants. The show ended a few months later.
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, a second spin-off, began on August 8, 2012. The series was a reality show depicting contestant Honey Boo Boo, her parents, and her older sisters going about their lives outside of pageants. The show ended in 2014.
Another spin-off, Cheer Perfection, began on December 21, 2012. The series features several of the children and their families from episodes of Toddlers & Tiaras. This reality series focuses on their cheer club Cheer Time Revolution and the drama with the mothers around the gym.
- Meaghan Murphy (August 24, 2012). "'Toddlers & Tiaras' moms worried child beauty pageants can be used against them in custody cases". Fox News. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- Rebecca Adams (August 20, 2012). "Maddy Verst's Padded Bra On 'Toddlers & Tiaras' Might Cause Her Mother To Lose Custody (POLL)". The Huffington Post. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- Amy Graff (August 31, 2012). "'Toddlers & Tiaras' scandal: 4-year-old Destiny smokes cigarette on stage". SFGate. Retrieved September 23, 2012.
- "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo! Premieres August 8 @ 10|9c". TLC. Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- "TLC Gets Competitive on Wednesday Nights with "Toddlers & Tiaras" and "Cheer Perfection"". Retrieved December 25, 2012.