|Elevation||787 ft (240 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||462268|
Toddville is an unincorporated community in western Linn County, Iowa, United States. It lies along local roads just off I-380, northwest of the city of Cedar Rapids, the county seat of Linn County. Its elevation is 787 feet (240 m). Although Toddville is unincorporated, it had a post office, with the ZIP code of 52341, until its closing in the mid 1990s.
Toddville is also the home of a school building formerly a part of the Alburnett Community School District. This building, built in 1923, once housed a portion of the district's kindergarten through 4th grade students. The school began exporting students to nearby, and larger, Alburnett elementary in 1988, and was voted to be closed in 1999. The former school building is now private residential property.
There is the American Legion Toddville Post 674. It is active non-profit organization in the community. Every Memorial Day they provide a memorial service in three locations in Toddville, one of the locations being at Grasshopper Bridge.
There are currently 25 verified businesses. This includes 2 churches, the Monroe Township Fire Station, and businesses in the trades. One of the local Toddville businesses is Bickal Koi Farm who breeds and sells Japanese Koi Fish.
Parks and Recreation
Wickiup Hill Natural Area is where the Wickiup Outdoor Learning Area and Wickiup Wandering Woods. This is an outdoor and indoor interactive recreation and learning area. It is a park and a place to learn about the indigenous nature and people in the area. The Linn County Conservation and Linn County Parks offices are also located in the same facility.
- "Toddville, Iowa". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 39.
- Zip Code Lookup
- "Toddville, Iowa U.S.Census Bureau 2012-2016 American Community Service 5 Year Estimates". U.S. Census Bureau. 2010. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- "American Legion Toddville Post 674". American Legion. 2018. Retrieved March 29, 2018.
- "Memorial Day Services". Newsbank, Inc. 2017. Retrieved March 29, 2018.
- "U.S. Businesses, Toddville, Iowa". ReferenceUSA:A Division of Infogroup. 2018. Retrieved March 31, 2018.
- "Welcome to Bickal Koi Farm". Bickal Koi Farm. Retrieved 2011-06-17.
- "Wickiup Outdoor Learning Area: Linn County Preservation". Wickiup Hill Natural Area. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
|This article about the geography of Linn County, Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|