Tofino/Long Beach Airport
|Tofino/Long Beach Airport|
|Operator||Alberni-Clayoquot Regional District|
|Serves||Tofino, British Columbia|
|Location||Tofino, British Columbia|
|Time zone||PST (UTC−08:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC−07:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||80 ft / 24 m|
It is used by private and small commercial turboprop planes. Coastal fog is a common morning phenomenon in the summer, complicating access by air until the weather clears. Several IFR approaches are available including GPS and NDB types. This airport is not equipped for night time operations. A golf course is just west of the runway.
Airlines and destinations
|Pacific Coastal Airlines||Vancouver|
|Kenmore Air||Campbell River, Seattle-Boeing Field†|
|San Juan Airlines||Anacortes, Friday Harbor|
† Must have passport or other valid documents to fly from Seattle to or from Tofino when purchasing tickets.
In addition to the small terminal building (completed in 2010) the airport has a few support structures
- 2 bay service vehicle shed - next to terminal building
- 2 metal storage sheds
- small maintenance hangar
- salt dome
- long wood shed - at the entrance along Airport Road
- parking lot - 80 spaces
- Aviation gas and Jet A fuel tanks
- Budget Car rental kiosk - inside terminal with cars parked outside
- airline kiosks, passenger waiting area, restrooms and food vending machines inside terminal
The terminal building is signed as Long Beach Airport on one side and Tofino Ucuelet Airport on the other.
The airport does not operate after sun down due to lack of nighttime capabilities.
Environment Canada has a weather station on site. It is a white building located next to the airport on Airport Road.
The airport is reached by Pacific Rim Highway via Airport Road. It was completed in 1959 and currently connects to Tofino and Long Beach.
- Accident history for YAZ at Aviation Safety Network
- Past three hours METARs, SPECI and current TAFs for Tofino Airport from Nav Canada as available.
|This article about an airport in British Columbia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|