Municipality and town
Church of Togüí
Location of the municipality and town of Togüí in the Boyacá Department of Colombia
|Founded||23 September 1821|
|Founded by||Francisco de Paula Santander|
|• Mayor||Pedro Pablo Salas|
|• Municipality and town||118 km2 (46 sq mi)|
|• Urban||6 km2 (2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,650 m (5,410 ft)|
|• Municipality and town||4,966|
|• Density||42/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Colombia Standard Time)|
Togüí (Spanish pronunciation: [toˈɣwi]) is a town and municipality in Boyacá Department, Colombia, part of the subregion of the Ricaurte Province. The municipality is located in the Eastern Ranges of the Colombian Andes at an altitude of 1,650 metres (5,410 ft). It borders the municipalities of San José de Pare, Arcabuco, Moniquirá, Chitaraque and Gámbita.
The mayor of Togüí, who was elected at the regional elections of October 2015, Jansson Téllez Rodríguez, has been accused of fraud and internalized. Upon this, Pedro Pablo Salas has been installed as interim mayor.
Born in Togüí
- (in Spanish) Official website Togüí
- (in Spanish) Etymology Municipalities Boyacá - Excelsio.net
- (in Spanish) Mayor accused of fraude and internalized - El Tiempo
- (in Spanish) Mayor accused of fraude and internalized - El Espectador
- (in Spanish) Installation of Pedro Pablo Salas as interim mayor
- "Pablo Hurtado Olympic Results". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 24 July 2014.