Together Again (The Temptations album)
|Studio album by The Temptations|
|Released||September 11, 1987|
|Producer||Peter Bunetta, Rick Chudacoff, Russ Regan (Exec.)|
|The Temptations chronology|
Together Again is an album by the American R&B vocal group the Temptations, released on Motown Records in 1987. It is the group's thirty-fourth studio album, and the first released under the Motown imprint. All of Motown Records' previous Temptations releases were made on the Gordy label, which was discontinued and whose artist roster and back catalog was consolidated into the main Motown label in 1987.
The album's title was inspired by the return of Dennis Edwards to the group, following an absence of nearly four years. Edwards rejoined the Temptations prior to the recording of the album, replacing Ali-Ollie Woodson as primary lead singer. By the end of 1988, Edwards had departed (for a third and final time), and Woodson returned.
The LP includes the singles "Look What You Started" and "I Wonder Who She's Seeing Now", making it the group's only album to produce multiple Top 10 R&B releases in the 1980s. The album also included the modest R&B hit "Do You Wanna Go With Me" which was co-written by group members Otis Williams and Ron Tyson alongside Victor Carstarphen, the trio also co-wrote the album track "10 X 10" and both tracks were co-produced by The Temptations. The music video to "I Wonder Who She's Seeing Now" featured Billy Dee Williams and Fred Berry.
Other noteworthy facts about this album are that it features the five longest tenured members of the group.
All tracks produced by Peter Bunetta and Rick Chudacoff; tracks 3 and 4 are co-produced by the Temptations.
|1.||"Look What You Started"||Peter Bunetta, Rick Chudacoff, Mark Holden||Edwards, Tyson||5:09|
|2.||"I Wonder Who She's Seeing Now"||Lou Pardini, Jimmy George||Edwards, Franklin||5:03|
|3.||"10 X 10"||Otis Williams, Ronald Tyson, Victor Carstarphen||All||4:52|
|4.||"Do You Wanna Go with Me"||Williams, Tyson, Carstarphen||Edwards||5:28|
|5.||"Little Things"||Billy Barber||Edwards, Tyson, Street, Franklin||4:07|
|6.||"I Got Your Number"||Sharon Robinson, Hamish Stuart||Edwards, Franklin||4:21|
|7.||"Every Time I Close My Eyes"||Ken Cummings, Chuck Servola, Frank Pagano||Street, Franklin||4:25|
|8.||"Lucky"||Dana Merino||Tyson, Franklin, Edwards||3:20|
|9.||"Put Your Foot Down"||Bunetta, Richard Darbyshire, Joe Ericksen||Edwards, Tyson, Street, Franklin||3:56|
- Dennis Edwards: vocals (baritone/tenor)
- Melvin Franklin: vocals (bass)
- Richard Street: vocals (tenor/baritone)
- Ron Tyson: vocals (tenor/falsetto)
- Otis Williams: vocals (tenor/baritone)
- Robbie Buchanan: keyboards, arranger
- Peter Bunetta: drum programming
- Rick Chudacoff: keyboards
- Paulinho da Costa: timbales
- Robert Greenridge: steel drums
- Larry Hall, Jerry Hey: trumpets
- Dan Higgins: tenor saxophone
- Dann Huff, Paul M. Jackson, Jr., David Williams: guitars
- Kim Hutchcraft: saxophone
- Jerry Peterson: tenor saxophone soloist ("I Got Your Number")
- Lon Price: soprano saxophone soloist ("Every Time I Close My Eyes")
- John Robinson: drums
- Neil Stubenhaus, Freddie Washington: bass guitar
- Stevie Wonder: harmonica soloist ("I Wonder Who She's Seeing Now")
- Aaron Zigman: keyboards, drum programming, arranger
|1987||"I Wonder Who She's Seeing Now"||—||3||36||90|
|"Look What You Started"||—||8||—||63|
|1988||"Do You Wanna Go with Me"||—||53||—||—|
- Allmusic review
- "The Temptations US albums/singles chart history". allmusic.com. Retrieved 2012-07-11.