Type of site
|Available in||Malay, English, Mandarin Chinese, Tamil|
|Launched||1 February 2013 (as Toggle)|
30 January 2020 (as meWATCH)
meWATCH is a Singaporean digital video on demand service brand owned by Mediacorp. It was launched in 2013 as an OTT service, and as an entertainment and lifestyle website under its original name Toggle.
meWATCH offers to worldwide audiences video streaming or on-demand content of programs from Mediacorp's archived library as well as original webseries. In addition, meWatch also offers live streaming of Mediacorp's free-to-air channels (exclusive to Singapore only). It also offers Catch up tv for viewers to watch shows they have missed on prime time tv from the previous few days.
In 2016, meWATCH (then Toggle) began to offer made-for-digital productions under the brand Toggle Originals. Certain original series, such as I Want to Be a Star may be telecasted on Mediacorp's television channels, typically in the late night programming slots.
In 2019, meWATCH began offering additional content from HBO Go for Singapore residents only. In the same year, Mediacorp and Wattpad inked partnership for developing scripted series and films for meWATCH and Mediacorp FTA channels, based on books made by Wattpad writers that are based in Singapore. In 30 May 2019, meWATCH began offering on-demand Korean movies from tvN Movies.
On 30 January 2020, Toggle was renamed to meWATCH. At the same time, Mediacorp made a content deal with HOOQ to stream the latter's original content. However, on 27 March 2020, HOOQ filed for liquidation, and shut down on 30 April 2020. HOOQ eventually was acquired by Coupang in July 2020.
- "MediaCorp launches Toggle, its personal entertainment service on multiple devices". Mediacorp. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 7 July 2019.
- Shah, Kyle Malinda (1 April 2015). "Goodbye Xinmsn, Hello Toggle: Microsoft & MediaCorp Disband Entertainment Site". Yahoo. Retrieved 15 November 2016.
- "TOGGLE". Mediacorp. Archived from the original on 15 November 2016. Retrieved 15 November 2016.
- Lawler, Ryan (28 January 2013). "MediaCorp Taps Tvinci To Launch Toggle, Its Virtual Cable Service In Singapore". TechCrunch. Retrieved 15 November 2016.
- "Toggle Originals as a differentiating factor". Asian Television Awards. 2016-02-12. Retrieved 2019-08-14.
- "Toggle to launch 11 new shows". TODAYonline. Retrieved 2019-08-14.
- "Movies123 Guide". Monday, July 13, 2020
- Tseng, Douglas (13 February 2019). "Viewers Can Now Watch 'Game Of Thrones' On Toggle With HBO Go". 8 Days. Retrieved 6 April 2019.
- "Wattpad and Mediacorp partner to bring Singapore stories from written word to national screens". Wattpad HQ. Retrieved 2019-12-09.
- Tseng, Douglas (30 May 2019). "Toggle Viewers Can Now Stream Korean Blockbusters With tvN Movies". Today. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- Farveen, Farzanah (2019-11-04). "Mediacorp revamps Toggle, MeRadio and MeClub". Marketing Interactive. Retrieved 2019-11-07.
- "Mediacorp rolls out meWATCH, meLISTEN, meREWARDS and meCONNECT". Mediacorp. 30 January 2020. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- Netto, Stephen (30 January 2020). "Mediacorp clinches content and subscription deals with HOOQ to champion cross-company content to audiences across Asia". The Online Citizen. Retrieved 30 January 2020.
- "Singtel-backed streaming service HOOQ files for liquidation". Reuters. 2020-03-27. Retrieved 2020-05-28.