|Born||Toğrul Fərman oğlu Nərimanbəyov
7 August 1930
|Died||2 June 2013
|Known for||Artist, Opera singer|
|Awards||People's Artist of Azerbaijan (1967), USSR State Prize (1980), Order of the Badge of Honour of Azerbaijan (2010)|
Togrul Farman oglu Narimanbekov (Azerbaijani: Toğrul Fərman oğlu Nərimanbəyov, Russian: Тогрул Нариманбеков; August 7, 1930 – June 2, 2013)  was one of the prominent modern Azerbaijani artists.
Narimbanbeyov was born in Baku. His father, Farman Narimanbeyov, who hailed from Shusha, studied in Toulouse; in 1929 he came back to Baku and participated in the construction of Mingachevir Hydro Power Plant, but in the 1930s was sentenced to imprisonment. His wife Irma Laroudé, a Frenchwoman, was exiled to Uzbekistan and stayed there till 1961.
He assumed that, it is necessary for arts to return to origins of national culture. He described his creativity as a combination of abstract and figurative arts.
François Narimanbekov is his son born May 24, 2001 of his second mariage with Sevil Narimanbekova. Besides artistic activity, Narimanbeyov had excellent voice and he performed various arias of Azerbaijani and foreign composers in his youth. In August 2010, he was awarded the Order of the Badge of Honour of Azerbaijan. He died, aged 82, in Paris.
- BBC Azeri Service News ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/azeri/azerbaijan/2013/06/130608_narimanbekov_died.shtml )
- Bown, Matthew Cullerne; Taylor, Brandon (1993). Art of the Soviets: painting, sculpture, and architecture in a one-party state, 1917-1992. Manchester University Press ND. pp. 152–. ISBN 978-0-7190-3735-1. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
The 'decorativism' denounced in the late 1940s broke out again all over the place, exemplified in the work of the Azeri painter, Togrul Narimanbekov.
- "Тогрул Нариманбеков: "Я поеду в Шушу не как гость, а как хозяин" - ИНТЕРВЬЮ-ФОТОСЕССИЯ". APA.az.
- [Zərif Çərşənbə https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj5R6MoGiqg]. ANS. 26 January 2010. Television.
- "Работы художника Тогрула Нариманбекова".
- "İncə Sənət: Bir heykəltəraş barədə..." [Fine Art: On a sculptor ...] (in Azerbaijani). Baku, Azerbaijan: Yeni Avaz. 13 February 2017. Archived from the original on 11 April 2017. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Большая трагедия знать, что нас сменит необразованное поколение – Эсмер Нариманбекова". azeri.ru.
- "Тогрул Нариманбеков награжден орденом "Шараф"". day.az.
|This article about an Azerbaijani painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|