Toijala is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Pirkanmaa region. The municipality had a population of 8,305 (end of April 2004) and covered an area of 58.60 square kilometres (22.63 square miles) of which 7.72 square kilometres (2.98 square miles) is water. The population density (as of 31 December 2003[update]) was 163.2 inhabitants per square kilometre (423/sq mi). The municipality was unilingually Finnish.
Notable people connected with Toijala
- Harri Holkeri
- Aki Kaurismäki
- Mika Kaurismäki
- Aki Sirkesalo
- Arvo Ylppö
- Pertti Hemanus
- Jarkko Kalevi Ahola
- Sasu Hovi
Twin towns — Sister cities
Toijala is twinned with:
- "Akaan jättänyt Nokia muisti Päivölän matematiikkalinjaa vielä 190 000 eurolla". Akaansetu.fi. Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-04-07. Retrieved 2014-04-06.
- "Emeritusprofessori Pertti Hemánus on kuollut". Yle Uutiset. Retrieved 24 December 2017.
- "Nanchang City and Sister Cities Intercommunion". Nanchang Municipal Party Committee of the CPC and Nanchang Municipal Government. Nanchang Economic Information Center. Archived from the original on 22 May 2013. Retrieved 5 November 2013.
Media related to Toijala at Wikimedia Commons
- Town of Akaa – Official website
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|