This article does not cite any sources
. (December 2009)
Location of Tokoro District in Okhotsk Subprefecture
Tokoro (常呂郡 Tokoro-gun) is a district located in Okhotsk Subprefecture, Hokkaido, Japan.
As of 2005, the district has an estimated population of 16,291 and a population density of 15 persons per km². The total area is 1,123.42 km².
Towns and villages
- In 1869, when Hokkaido was divided into provinces and districts, Tokoro was placed in Kitami Province.
- June 10, 1942 Notsukeushi Town becomes a City with the new name of Kitami, separating it from the district.
- November 15, 1950 Part of Shimoyuubetsu Village incorporated into Saroma Village (now Town)
- September 30, 1956 Aiuchi Village incorporated into Kitami, leaving the district.
- On March 5, 2006 the towns of Rubeshibe, Tanno and Tokoro were merged into the city of Kitami.
Coordinates: 44°01′48″N 143°49′48″E / 44.03000°N 143.83000°E